FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear door latch busted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to fix this? The mechanism doesn't catch when the door closes, even if I try to do it with a screwdriver.

Formula Ford in Pickering wants $240+tax for the bloody part alone, and it's not in stock.

I already checked, and my car isn't under the recall on the rear latch problem.

When I replaced the passenger side a couple of years ago, it was $200 including labor in NY. Grr.
not sure where you are located but kenny u-pull has them. probably 5$ out the door
I'm in Ajax, but a trip down there would be worth the trip to save a couple hundred bucks.
ya youll just have to do all the work of take it all apart and such so bring your own tools.. but like you said its worth it for saving that amount of cash
Heading down there Saturday morning. Thanks for the heads up on this place!
no problem!
Is Kennedy u pull right by the skyway bridge ? I was cruising on that road beside and I seen what looked to be a junkyard never even knew there was one there. Damn auto correct lol ^ Kenny
yep thats it!!
Just got back, and I have to say that is the cleanest junkyard I've ever been to.

Found one 05-07 (didn't look at the exact year), and got the assembly out. Wish I would have looked to see what transmission was in it though.

$6 and 3 hours of my time was definitely worth it.
Glad you got your part!! I live that junk yard. So organized

If you got it from the blue focus with all the front end damage. It's an auto