FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: places that does clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys just wondering any good place where they can do a clutch replacement ?
basically any mechanics shop can do a clutch. pretty easy and straight forward
Is mister transmission any good ?? I got my clutch ordered went with exedy oe spec
ya they should be able to do it no problem
Exedy oem is a good clutch, I put one in the gfs hatch when we put the blower on. Mister t can do it heck you could do it with the tools and know how
Hey he was telling me I need a flywheel also and the flywheel he could get me wont fit with the clutch
did he say why you need a new flywheel? sure they just arnt trying to get cash off you? 90% of the time they can be resurfaced, and it will be fine and a lot cheaper!
He orginal told me the price for clutch from them and he asked me if the kit came with a flywheel...I said I wasnt sure so he had a look called me back saying I would need one. I asked him if I could buy the clutch but he said it wouldnt fit
If it is an OE flywheel it will fit the oe exedy clutch

Also just resurface your original one unless you have it warped or otherwise messed up somehow beyond repair
Im think he wants me to drop the $
Hey the flywheel is from an svt
what kind of car do you have? any flywheel can be resurfaced.
Do you have a svt engine or Zetec engine and what tranny do you have
(06-20-2014, 01:28 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a svt engine or Zetec engine and what tranny do you have

He says above the flywheel is from SVT - pretty sure that doesn't fit the MTX-75
Lack of information here big time... What is currently in your car, engine tranny and year. Current clutch fw also please
I ended up returning the excedy clutch I bought, picked up the luk complete kit with flywheel a bit pricey but I got. The guy at mr t told me he cant have my car taking up space for too long that is why I got the parts from colins auto. I went there today and he tells me saturday or monday night the latest to get my car back

My car is the svt model
Definitely helps now that we know vehicle lol

Good luck with everything