FocusCanada Forums
Summer time Drag Racing - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meetings and G2Gs (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Summer time Drag Racing (/showthread.php?tid=18924)

Summer time Drag Racing - Mystake - 04-10-2011

Yep, I'm doing it this summer. As long as my car holds up, I'm hitting the strip with it.

I've been doing a bit of homework and talking to a few of the racers I know... and this summer I plan on hitting up the Luksville Dragway.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=luskville+dragway&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=dragway&hnear=Luskville,+QC&view=map&cid=12655261074503298551&ll=45.513986,-76.031141&spn=0.016359,0.042272&t=h&z=15

If anyone from the Ottawa region is interested in joining up to go, lemme know. I don't think I'll be getting out there for at least another month or month and a half as I need to do some work to the car before it'll pass tech so that should be plenty of time to organize a small event out there - if anyone wants.

I've seen enough cars go down the strip that now I want to do it. Yes I know I'll only be running 16-17sec down the quarter but that's not the point Tongue

Also, to a certain someone who challenged me to a race - I accept.

RE: Summer time Drag Racing - xXCMGXx - 04-10-2011

Count me in!

I will race you too ZX5 vs ZX5 lol

RE: Summer time Drag Racing - Flofocus - 04-11-2011

I'll go with you for sure, as soon as my broken leg is healed!

RE: Summer time Drag Racing - Mystake - 04-11-2011

This is awesome guys!

In a few weeks I'll get some more details together and suggest some dates! I wanted to try to get out by the end of this month but as I said, car won't be ready but it never hurts to plan way ahead!

RE: Summer time Drag Racing - NikiterZTS - 04-11-2011

Prepare yourself for that one wheel spin.

RE: Summer time Drag Racing - 02_svt_guy - 04-12-2011

Its been awhile, and i dont know how much longer I am going to keep the SVTF so maybe a few passes is in store. + ive always wanted to use my HD gopro at the drag strip.

RE: Summer time Drag Racing - Mystake - 04-12-2011

(04-12-2011, 04:25 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: Its been awhile, and i dont know how much longer I am going to keep the SVTF so maybe a few passes is in store. + ive always wanted to use my HD gopro at the drag strip.

We could certainly help with that...

Tongue

As for the one tire fire, just gotta feather the pedal a little!! If you're spinning you're giving it too much gas!