Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gauge Pod Chronicles
meford4u,Apr 17 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 17 2006, 08:39 AM Wrote:What about pics of the "other members" at this VERY exclusive meet?
[right][snapback]181555[/snapback][/right]
nobody wants to see a pic of you showing up last minute, canceling dinner plans with us and drinking my beer.
[right][snapback]181556[/snapback][/right]

YEEEEOW!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah tell us, we're dying in suspense :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Apr 17 2006, 05:48 PM Wrote:yeah tell us, we're dying in suspense :)
[right][snapback]181692[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, didn't hear about the "argument". At NAPA?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
so meford and I walk into crappy tire.. our mission: pick up a vacuum line t .. easy enough...

we browse the 'help' section, nothing meets the requirements, so what the hey, let's go to the counter.

So we go to the helpful guy at the counter, and I ask, "Do you folks have vacuum t's?" to which he replied, "um, well, it'll be in the 'help' section, in a red package, like the one you're holding [filled with gromets]".

"no, sorry, didn't see any, do you have any?.. like from the shop?"

"um, no, if it's not on the floor we don't have any."

To which meford steps up and says, "Aaron mentioned you should have some around back".

The helpful and knowledgeable clerk inquired, "Aaron from the shop?"

"yes"

"ok, I'll go check"

The eager clerk made haste to the back, returning with a box full of different vacuum t's and accessories.

It was a split moment before meford and I selected the vacuum t of best fit and set it on the counter at which our knowledgeable and eager clerk waited...

The clerk inquisitively picked up the vacuum t, "which one is this?" at which point I indicated in the box the source of the t.

The observant and attentive clerk scanned the price chart on the lid of the box for the corresponding fee for which he should prompt reimbursement.

After which a couple of moments passed, the wise and helpful clerk instructed me, "here, just take it, put it in your pocket".

"thanks"

we turned and headed to the cashier, my new vacuum t presenting a small inconspicuous lump in my front pocket.

in summary
- clerk was too lazy to look in the back
- saying, "Aaron from the shop says there will be some in the back" will get the service you request
- clerk will be too lazy to look up price and charge you for the part.

in his defence, the girl in line behind me was worth trying to fasttrack to the front of the line... :wub:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

OAC_Sparky,Apr 17 2006, 06:20 PM Wrote:
nass,Apr 17 2006, 05:48 PM Wrote:yeah tell us, we're dying in suspense :)
[right][snapback]181692[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, didn't hear about the "argument". At NAPA?
[right][snapback]181708[/snapback][/right]

that story is even more epic than the one from crappy tire... give me time to type it up...

always nice to have a lazy worker behind the counter. not like the T would be that expensive anyways but it'll feel better knowing it was free :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
microbunny,Apr 17 2006, 05:47 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 17 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 17 2006, 08:39 AM Wrote:What about pics of the "other members" at this VERY exclusive meet?
[right][snapback]181555[/snapback][/right]
nobody wants to see a pic of you showing up last minute, canceling dinner plans with us and drinking my beer.
[right][snapback]181556[/snapback][/right]

YEEEEOW!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]181690[/snapback][/right]

Hmm let me think here..... <_<

Choices were as follows:

Drink beer and eat wings with you guys...

or

Go home eat steak drink wine and have sex with my sexy bride to be...

Sorry fellas.
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2006, 03:12 PM Wrote:Hmm let me think here..... <_<

Choices were as follows:

Drink beer and eat wings with you guys...

or

Go home eat steak drink wine and have sex with my sexy bride to be...

Sorry fellas.
[right][snapback]181902[/snapback][/right]

...then going out to the bar with the brother in-law as an excuse to pick up bartenders :P

I'm just jealous

darkpuppet,Apr 17 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Apr 17 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:Which paint did you end up using... did you find a better match than the Autometer VHT stuff?
[right][snapback]181681[/snapback][/right]

the autometer VHT was a non-match.. it matched the dash, but not the a-pillar... so I hit up napa a-la OAC Sparky... an argument and 20 minutes later, I got my paint and I am happy.
[right][snapback]181685[/snapback][/right]

Thats strange... The autometer VHT matched my car just fine... if my gagepod wasnt in brantford i'd take a pic...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Apr 18 2006, 05:04 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 17 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Apr 17 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:Which paint did you end up using... did you find a better match than the Autometer VHT stuff?
[right][snapback]181681[/snapback][/right]

the autometer VHT was a non-match.. it matched the dash, but not the a-pillar... so I hit up napa a-la OAC Sparky... an argument and 20 minutes later, I got my paint and I am happy.
[right][snapback]181685[/snapback][/right]

Thats strange... The autometer VHT matched my car just fine... if my gagepod wasnt in brantford i'd take a pic...
[right][snapback]181921[/snapback][/right]

yeah, but you have the darker interior..... my a-pillars (as you can see in the pics) are MUCH lighter. the paint you gave me matches the dash nicely, and if I were installing the guages in a smaller pod, i would have used that paint as it matches the dash really nice.