Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we help?
How can we help?

This forum seems to be hit regularly with SPAM ads for certain "medications". The moderators are very good at cleaning the forum threads, but the "Latest Forum Posts" has to wait until enough new posts are posted to drive the SPAM to the bottom.

So my suggestion is as soon as the moderator has removed the SPAM thread, we members should post a new something, just to clean off the "Latest Forum Posts" reference. All it will take is four or five new posts.

Is there any way to block these SPAM posts, either by UserName (codsadcry53) or IP address?? Just asking. Anyways, here is one new post to push the SPAM down.
new post

sorry didnt do what i wanted to do
(07-17-2012, 02:55 AM)SVT-WGN Wrote: How can we help?

This forum seems to be hit regularly with SPAM ads for certain "medications". The moderators are very good at cleaning the forum threads, but the "Latest Forum Posts" has to wait until enough new posts are posted to drive the SPAM to the bottom.

So my suggestion is as soon as the moderator has removed the SPAM thread, we members should post a new something, just to clean off the "Latest Forum Posts" reference. All it will take is four or five new posts.

Is there any way to block these SPAM posts, either by UserName (codsadcry53) or IP address?? Just asking. Anyways, here is one new post to push the SPAM down.

Yes. If you "report" a post it sends mods an email to that effect and so we don't have to wait before coming online to see what's going on ... in terms of blocking all we can do, right now, is ban the offender and "disaprove" their threads/posts which blocks it from general view ... although mods can still see them.

At one time a new member would have to be "approved" before they could post but somehow that changed when we migrated to the new program - that's a question for darkpuppet.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *