Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Battery
The battery in my car died (AC Delco funny enough). Was in my car when I purchased it last year. What are some of the best batteries on the market? I don't have any heavy audio in my car just the basics. I will also be moving around the province a lot in the next few years for my job so a battery that can work flawlessly in cold temperatures is a must. Any recommendations?
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
(12-29-2012, 08:28 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: The battery in my car died (AC Delco funny enough). Was in my car when I purchased it last year. What are some of the best batteries on the market? I don't have any heavy audio in my car just the basics. I will also be moving around the province a lot in the next few years for my job so a battery that can work flawlessly in cold temperatures is a must. Any recommendations?

28 months ago I bought an Eveready brand battery at Walmart USA for 39 bucks - flawless so far.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Cant go wrong with the yellow top
For me OEM cant beat a battery that has lasted in winters etc for 7 years :-)
I'm a huge interstate fan myself. If you aren't gunna spring for the OEM battery i would definitely go for an Interstate battery.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
I cheaped out and bought a Kirkland Signature Battery from Costco. The price was half of any other car battery, and the ratings and reviews for it put it up with all major battery brands. Going to see how it goes, Costco also has the best customer service so if anything goes wrong with it the replacement will be hassle free.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
(01-07-2013, 05:19 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: I cheaped out and bought a Kirkland Signature Battery from Costco. The price was half of any other car battery, and the ratings and reviews for it put it up with all major battery brands. Going to see how it goes, Costco also has the best customer service so if anything goes wrong with it the replacement will be hassle free.

I buy lots of Kirkland brand stuff - never had a problem with any of it. Good choice IMO.

One thing though - the last time I needed a battery Costco didn't have one listed for Focus; has that changed or did you pick one that was close.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *