Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blow Off Valve?!?!
i know this is a big noob question..
and im prob going to get flamed!
but i really dont know.....

"do pro chargers have a bypass or blow off valve aswell?"
and will it or does it make the same sound / noise as a trubo?
thank you.

please reframe from the flaming...lol
thanx.
on a focus you need to run a "blow-thru" setup to run a BOV.
this is much harder to tune for and because of this most kits, including the Procharger, comes with a recirc valve or diverter valve and NOT a BOV. manily for simplicity but the tuning required for a BOV setup is much more detailed and most tuners will not tune a blow-thru

oh and a Procharger sounds NOTHING like a Turbo!
ZX3TUNING,Aug 31 2006, 11:51 PM Wrote:on a focus you need to run a "blow-thru" setup to run a BOV.
this is much harder to tune for and because of this most kits, including the Procharger, comes with a recirc valve or diverter valve and NOT a BOV. manily for simplicity but the tuning required for a BOV setup is much more detailed and most tuners will not tune a blow-thru

oh and a Procharger sounds NOTHING like a Turbo!
[right][snapback]205063[/snapback][/right]

i know that a procharger wont sound like a turbo....
i was asking if the blow off sound would sound the same?
like the same "reless of pressure" sound when you shift?

and i was reading in a vortet supercharger mag.
it had.
options:
blow off/bypass
and more...

is this just what you were talking about?
im asking all this because i want a trubo i like how they work and i love the sound!!
but they dont make turbos for the svt?
why?
There used to be a guy who made turbo's for the SVT but he got out of making them. If you search the SVT forum on [FJ] there is a company that is in late developement of of a kit IIRC. I could be wrong, I never followed the thread.

*EDIT*

check this for SVTF turbo
http://forums.focaljet.com/svt-headquarter...kit-update.html

I thought you were already set for the Procharger??? :huh:
Check this out too (but this was not a kit!)

http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-inductio...-56k-death.html
like i said, you cannot run a BOV unless you tune for a Blow-thru setup.
a bypass/diverter valve recirculates into the intake tract and do not have the "Psht" sound of a BOV.

Oh and there is a Turbo kit for SVT, Xios is working on one and soon i should be carry their kits in Canada.

ZX3TUNING,Sep 1 2006, 09:37 PM Wrote:like i said, you cannot run a BOV unless you tune for a Blow-thru setup.
a bypass/diverter valve recirculates into the intake tract and do not have the "Psht" sound of a BOV.

Oh and there is a Turbo kit for SVT, Xios is working on one and soon i should be carry their kits in Canada.
[right][snapback]205138[/snapback][/right]

when, where and how soon?!>?!?! lol
price?
03svt_k_14,Sep 1 2006, 11:28 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNING,Sep 1 2006, 09:37 PM Wrote:.

price?
[right][snapback]205141[/snapback][/right]

I have already posted the link on focaljet for you regarding the Xios turbo kit......you should try reading it. ;)
SVT ZX3,Sep 1 2006, 08:00 AM Wrote:check this for SVTF turbo

[right][snapback]205084[/snapback][/right]
a BOV is not there for performance. its a loss of boost when your foot comes off the throttle pedal and it is there for the safety of the Turbocharger itself. a supercharger does not require this and would be stupid to have anything that would release boost pressures when shifting. I have never seen a supercharger with a BOV.

Jake
SVT ZX3,Sep 2 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:
03svt_k_14,Sep 1 2006, 11:28 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNING,Sep 1 2006, 09:37 PM Wrote:.

price?
[right][snapback]205141[/snapback][/right]

I have already posted the link on focaljet for you regarding the Xios turbo kit......you should try reading it. ;)
SVT ZX3,Sep 1 2006, 08:00 AM Wrote:check this for SVTF turbo

[right][snapback]205084[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]205175[/snapback][/right]

i did read that but he still never gave a date?!?!
and he said maybe 4500....
i was wondering if zx3tuning knew more?!?!
thats all?
and power out-put will it mach or beat the procharger?
i am not a dealer of the Xios kit just yet, so i do not know any more than you guys.
i contacted Andreas about selling the kits here in Canada and he said he needs to get the kits squared away before he can start thinking about dealer pricing and what not...
ZX3TUNING,Sep 5 2006, 10:06 PM Wrote:i am not a dealer of the Xios kit just yet, so i do not know any more than you guys.
i contacted Andreas about selling the kits here in Canada and he said he needs to get the kits squared away before he can start thinking about dealer pricing and what not...
[right][snapback]205596[/snapback][/right]

ok thats fair........
but just so u know ill take one!
so you know you got one sold! B)