Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Transmission
My '00 high mile Zetec wagon is getting a little shifty...a little too much!! While driving in third gear, it seems to slip. I don't think that it is dropping down a gear or anything,it just seems to slip, sometimes relatively hard. Seems to be worse when cold, but it has done it hot as well. Actually come to think of it, it isn't necessarily third gear only. I can manually shift it and it works fine. Originally i thought maybe the lockup torque convertor was acting up, but the speeds seem to slow for it to come into play. The other day i put in some Lucas Auto Tranny conditioner out of sheer desperation...it worked great!! For two days!! So anyway, has anyone come across an issue like this before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Not yet thankfully.
When I have O/D off and I nail it about 135KM the shift from 2nd to 3rd the car kinda hesitates a lil, but sticks it anyways lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I have around 172K on my Auto and the only time I felt the Tranny slip was after a fluid change. Have you recently changed the filter, or have you ever changed the fluid and filter? Might be a good place to start.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
have you done regular fluid changes on your tranny? (every 50,000 kms or year) also I'd say just as a fail safe get it checked out at a tranny shop and see what they say. I know a replacement auto tranny for a focus is cheap from a wreaking yard.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I haven't changed the fluid or filters in it yet..i am most likely gonna try that first! I haven't had the car very long...maybe 10000 kms of its 256000 life!!
I'd give it a flush/fill/filter swap. Worst case scenario is that you trans has been horribly neglected to the point that a rebuild might be necessary. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
but don't u get warning light when gear slips??

happened to me once and i saw this gear icon with &quot;!&quot; in the middle, rpm went all the way up..

never got any tranny serivce done since i got my focus(136700km)..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automatic Transmission oldeguy 5 1,956 05-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Last Post: vy_MR2