Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MK1 Grill Question
Hey guys i just picked up quite a few euro grills for my focus and was wondering if anyone has one and what they did to make it fit i tried my MK1 honeycomb grill on the svt and it interferes with the hood latch release, so i figure i'll have to dremel out some of the grill. I was also thinking of just getting the hood latch from a MK1 with the key so it would fix this problem for all the grills. I currently have an MK1 honeycomb grill, RS collection mesh grill, RS mesh grill, Hofele grill, MK1 diamond grill and an MK1 Slated grill. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks, pictures to follow. All of them are for sale as well, if the right offer comes in.
[Image: 9ps4l4.jpg]
[Image: 16kizb.jpg]
[Image: 34t5udi.jpg][Image: 34rdh82.jpg][Image: 5eux61.jpg]
[Image: 28b468n.png][Image: 8yyy6v.jpg]

Euro hood latch fixes the problem, keyed release on the euro vs latch on N/A
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I have an extra hood latch with cylinder...
but I need a Euro lower grill and a ford flip logo like theseBig Grin
http://i40.tinypic.com/28b468n.png
I currently own the hoffele edition grille on my 02 focus. it is a direct bolt on, it only uses 2 bolts, not 4, the bottom has tabs that fit securely in the slots and it does not move. i had no fitment issues, the hood release latch can be bent slighty like 1/4 inch and it will not interfere at all. i also used to own the 99 euro grille before, and it fit the same. no fitment issues at all.
My other ride is your Mom
(03-28-2012, 08:04 AM)castone Wrote: I have an extra hood latch with cylinder...
but I need a Euro lower grill and a ford flip logo like theseBig Grin
http://i40.tinypic.com/28b468n.png
How much would you like for the hood latch and cylinder does it come with a key ? and i think i could take the ford badge off with spring and screw off one of the grills and just swap them back and forth when i choose to use each grill. As for the bottom mk1 grill that will be going into my mk1 bumper unless i can find a full lower grill with deleted fog lights.

(03-28-2012, 08:04 AM)paolo Wrote: I currently own the hoffele edition grille on my 02 focus. it is a direct bolt on, it only uses 2 bolts, not 4, the bottom has tabs that fit securely in the slots and it does not move. i had no fitment issues, the hood release latch can be bent slighty like 1/4 inch and it will not interfere at all. i also used to own the 99 euro grille before, and it fit the same. no fitment issues at all.
I just tried the hofele grill on the svt and it fits perfectly the only one i have a problem with is the mk1 honeycomb one now, just depends on how much a hood latch and lock would cost if i want to fix it or dremel that one grill
Just cut mine no problem after that
do you have a picture of the cut on the grill ? its about half an inch or so that needs to be taken out length wise i believe. I'll be cutting the mk1 grill i think instead of getting the hood release
(03-28-2012, 11:26 AM)0XDESVT Wrote: do you have a picture of the cut on the grill ? its about half an inch or so that needs to be taken out length wise i believe. I'll be cutting the mk1 grill i think instead of getting the hood release

I cant till the weekend its in storage dont use it in the winter. But like you say cut out about half inch works ok.
I had the 2002+ St grille on my previous focus and it fit fine once you clipped in the 2 tabs, and put the 2 screws in the bottom of it.

if your interested in selling your 2002+ facelift grille (honey comb) I'm very interested in buying another.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I want one !! Anyone haha pm me prices
Vehicle: 2002 Focus ZX5 SES
Interior: '00 ZX3 shifter knob, Street Edition cluster, Full Street Edition interior swap
Drivetrain: MBRP Catback
Audio: JVC headunit, 2 10" Sony Subwoofers, Sony Amplifier
Exterior: Rear Wiper Delete, Blackhousing Headlights, 6000k HID's, Stubby antenna mod , SVT 5 Spoke rims, Mach1 front lip
Suspension: Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, SVT rear swaybar
(03-30-2012, 02:13 AM)JMCustoms Wrote: I want one !! Anyone haha pm me prices

EBay is your friend theres a guy in Estonia who sells them or try eBay UK