Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What cams for nitrous?
So i already have mild cams because i have an auto so i was just wondering if nitrous would be okay with them. My motor and tranny will be able to handle nitrous so were good there.
Not sure it it's going to be the same as boosted or not. But stock cams seem to be the best. If you want I can't see a stage 2 cam doing any harm. You'll need stiffer valve springs though
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I just dont want to do headwork lol because its my dd
ya im almost positive stage 2 cam and up you have to change the valve springs
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
that is correct.....
(01-08-2013, 02:52 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: ya im almost positive stage 2 cam and up you have to change the valve springs
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You cannot change just the Cam so leave it stock or build the whole head.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
(01-09-2013, 03:11 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: You cannot change just the Cam so leave it stock or build the whole head.

Its already got a mild cam so i just didnt know if i should go up to like a stage two
Even with a mild cam I'd still get springs if your running nitrous

I have stock cams but I upgraded the springs anyway for that extra security with the boost.
Instagram @o_so_slo
Did you put the mild cam yourself? or were you told that is had a cam? I wouldn't of changed just the cam if your opening up the head not worth it imho. Springs are a must with a Cam and Boost I didn't mean mechanically you can't change the cam with stock springs of cousre you can but why would you.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I never said it had stock springs lol.
Your cams that you have now will be fine. I wouldn't worry about a nitrous cam in our cars unless its a full on nitrous/race motor. Nitrous cams are designed to work with nitrous cars, meaning without the nitrous you wont be using the camshafts for what they are designed for. By the way dont be afraid to do head work to your daily driver, I got over 120,xxxkm on my set up and not an issue yet (knock on wood).
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Yea i wasnt sure if i was going to need a more agressive grind.Thats good to know .
Well got the nitrous hooked up and tryed it out on a 50 shot and it worked fine. Did a 75 shot last night but it would just spin so im just going to have to wait till its a bit warmer to go any bigger.
I'd be careful spraying more than 75 cause traction won't be the only issue. If your motor has a forged bottom end then go nuts but make sure you pull some timing before going bigger lol
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
I just wish the bottle was easy to hide. It would be cool if they made those little bottles for efi cars

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cams W/o Cams Gears FociS8nt 2 1,273 04-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Last Post: french_connection