Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest In Focussport Cool Flo Cai
My brother wants to find out if there is any interest in a group buy for the FocusSport Cool Flo CAI. He might be able to swing a good group price because he is still listed as a dealer. We'd be looking for the Duratec 2.0.

Any interest in this?
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
for what engine?
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
SliverSteeda,Dec 4 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:for what engine?
[right][snapback]218631[/snapback][/right]

Quote:We'd be looking for the Duratec 2.0.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
[Image: homer-doh.jpg]

lol, sorry i'm so broke i can't afford to pay attention.... :D
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
ZX5chica,Dec 4 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:My brother wants to find out if there is any interest in a group buy for the FocusSport Cool Flo CAI. He might be able to swing a good group price because he is still listed as a dealer. We'd be looking for the Duratec 2.0.

Any interest in this?
[right][snapback]218581[/snapback][/right]

You mean the race variant right? THIS ONE.

If so, I'll need an expected committal date and we'd likely be interested.

Put me down as likely!

Thanks!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'd be interested... but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a short ram, mine has got to be a reliable daily driver. I've been waiting for Volant to produce one...
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Dec 4 2006, 11:10 PM Wrote:I'd be interested... but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a short ram, mine has got to be a reliable daily driver. I've been waiting for Volant to produce one...
[right][snapback]218650[/snapback][/right]

What has short ram got to do with reliability? You looking for one with a K&N filter that allows ~10% of dirt to pass through?

I don't think I could offer any big discount, I'll have to see. Probably the best I can do is basically offer a price that is $US converted straight into $CDN, without any rapage fees from the bank, plus tax plus shipping from inside Canada to you. You avoid all the brokerage fees and BS.

Thinking of doing it in the soonish timeframe. December or January. Depends on interest level.
I'd be happier with January, but if this is straight CDN, I'll talk to my wife about just throwing it on the CC.

Colour me "most likely".

Are we going to need to buy that can of dust retention stuff first so that we can oil the filter for the first time? Or does it actually come with a can?

Mmm also, what year does that "breather hose" that the FS page mentions come into play? I'll try to remember to check my engine today, maybe at lunch.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
P-51,Dec 4 2006, 11: Wrote:Probably the best I can do is basically offer a price that is $US converted straight into $CDN, without any rapage fees from the bank, plus tax plus shipping from inside Canada to you.  [right][snapback]218668[/snapback][/right]

If we're talking about the FS015 at $220 CAD + GST and GTA pickup, I'm interested.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
P-51,Dec 4 2006, 10: Wrote:
euro_zx5,Dec 4 2006, 11:10 PM Wrote:I'd be interested... but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a short ram, mine has got to be a reliable daily driver. I've been waiting for Volant to produce one...
[right][snapback]218650[/snapback][/right]

What has short ram got to do with reliability? You looking for one with a K&N filter that allows ~10% of dirt to pass through?

I don't think I could offer any big discount, I'll have to see. Probably the best I can do is basically offer a price that is $US converted straight into $CDN, without any rapage fees from the bank, plus tax plus shipping from inside Canada to you. You avoid all the brokerage fees and BS.

Thinking of doing it in the soonish timeframe. December or January. Depends on interest level.
[right][snapback]218668[/snapback][/right]

:unsure: I don't want any chance of hydrolocking... that's all. So for that reason, I want a short ram. Thanks anyway.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Got this from my thread on FJ about Duratec intakes:

Quote:^^^ Yes, the ITG filter that comes with the FocusSport Cool-Flo is pre-oiled. We have cars with K&N filters and cars with ITG filters. Personally, I prefer the ITG filters since they are way easier to clean and they don't have the pleated fins that get all crooked - that always bugged me about the K&N style designs.

So, I'm definitely interested as they've (FS) proven time and again that you'll get 8-10 WHP out of their Cool-Flo Race intake. The Cosworth is appealing as well, but I'm not sure how much of the Cosworth Stage 1's 27BHP can be attributed to the intake. Probably the same.

At least we have good choices at the end of the day.

Oh, and check this:

[Image: 151dynoscansfp2.jpg]

That's an 05 D20 with the MM intake and MBRP. So, it's not unreasonable to assume we'd be similar in gains. According to Netdragoon (on FJ), that's an increase of 16WHP and 12 WTQ over his stock dyno.

Alright... looks as though there are about 4-5 people interested in the deal. I'll try and get Rob to figure out costs and stuff. It probably won't happen until the New Year, but that might not be such a bad thing... I'll update this post when I know more
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Just so everyone knows, if it is the FS015, it will fit the 2.0 AND the 2.3 Duratec :)
So, you may put me down as a maybe ;)
I'd rather have a SRI, but if the price is right, I might jump in on this buy.

Cheers

P.S. This would complement my FS Polished Ceramic coated stress bar ;)
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I'm jumping out... going for the Cossie intake instead.

Sorry about the waffle, guys. I'm just not comfortable with a sponge that far down in the engine bay.