Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the flock?
Hey guys figured this might be the place to post, I've been thinking and sort of making plans to flock my dash but me not being a mechanic lol I've never taken out a dash before and I am wondering if anyone has a write up on how to do it or pointers thanks. Big Grin
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

Plastidip it lol
I don't want plastidip, i want the suede, rally/race car look... Plus it also has a function in its self. Flocking helps reduce the glare of the normally shinny dash
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

I know what it is lol i was just fuckin around lol.
Lol fair enough
red 00' zx3 daily driven

dash removal is easier than you think.
I personally think the hardest part is getting the pass airbag out. The rest is basically unbolt/screw until it wiggles out.
my buddy just flocked his eagle talon tsi looks good.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
(02-11-2013, 10:25 PM)hardk0re Wrote: dash removal is easier than you think.
I personally think the hardest part is getting the pass airbag out. The rest is basically unbolt/screw until it wiggles out.

Removing the Passenger Airbag - from my Ford Service DVD:

NOTE: The air bag warning lamp illuminates when the RCM fuse is removed and the ignition switch is ON. This is normal operation and does not indicate a supplemental restraint system (SRS) fault.

NOTE: The SRS must be fully operational and free of faults before releasing the vehicle to the customer.

Depower the system. For additional information, refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Depowering and Repowering in this section.
Remove the glove compartment.

Remove the ventilation pipe.
Detach the retaining clip.

Detach the demister pipe from the heater housing.

Remove the passenger air bag module trim cover retaining bolts.

Detach the passenger air bag module trim cover from the instrument panel.
Use a trim tool to carefully release the retaining clips, starting at the front outer edge.

Remove the passenger air bag module trim cover.
Lift the outer edge.
Lift the cover moving it towards the windshield to disengage the retaining clips.

Detach the passenger air bag module and reinforcement bracket from the instrument panel.

NOTE: It may be necessary to use a pair of pointed nose pliers to release the electrical connector locking tangs.

Remove the passenger air bag module.
Disconnect the electrical connectors.

WARNING: A new instrument panel must be installed following a passenger air bag deployment. Failure to follow this instruction may result in personal injury.

NOTE: If a new passenger air bag module is being installed as a result of the existing passenger air bag module being unserviceable, do not install a new instrument panel.

Remove the instrument panel if necessary. For additional information, refer to Section 501-12 .

REMOVING THE INSTRUMENT PANEL
Remove the steering column. For additional information, refer to Section 211-04 .
Remove the instrument cluster. For additional information, refer to Section 413-01 .
Remove the floor console. For additional information, refer to Floor Console — Vehicles with Manual Transaxle or Floor Console — Vehicles with Automatic Transaxle .
Remove the audio unit. For additional information, refer to Section 415-01 .
Remove the glove compartment.

Remove the passenger air bag module. For additional information, refer to Section 501-20A or Section 501-20B .
Detach the climate control and audio unit trim panel.
Remove the screws.
Detach the clips.

Remove the climate control and audio unit trim panel.
Disconnect the electrical connectors.
Disconnect the climate control cables.

Remove the heater core housing assembly panel.
Remove the screws (left-hand side shown, right-hand side similar).

CAUTION: When removing the instrument panel retaining clips, care must be taken to prevent damage to the instrument panel and windshield.

Remove the instrument panel upper retaining clips.
Install the M6 x 100 mm bolt.
Using a suitable tool, remove the retaining clips by lifting upward on the bolt head to release the retaining clips from the dash panel..

Remove the A-pillar trim panels. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 .
Remove the instrument panel side bolts (left hand side shown, right hand side similar).

Detach the instrument panel.
Remove the bolts.
Detach the defroster tubes.
Detach the cable clips.

Remove the instrument panel.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
hmmm this is good to know Ken
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
or get suede fabric, spray super 77, apply.

not the best shot but this is what i did to mine
[Image: 20130508_164657_zps2f6dd648.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
damn, that looks good