Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Removing / replacing Split Port Engine
(01-29-2014, 05:31 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: Simple mistake but an easy one to make. Good to see this all wrapped up for you finally

Well, here's an update of the engine replacement and transaxle repair. I've been driving the Focus since I replaced the engine myself. It's now October, 2014 and the car gets me to work and back every day. It's pretty much "gutless" but it runs and gets great mileage. Doesn't burn oil. The engine lights been on since May, when the front left tire dropped into a pot hole one night. I found out it's not anything important using the code reader. I replaced the ball joint to the steering linkage in September, probably due to the pothole.
The odd time on the highway there's a complete loss of power for about a half a second, not sure what that is, but doesn't happen very often.
The engine seems to run smoother if I let it run for a couple of minutes when cold before starting out.
It takes more than talk to get things done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing / replacing Split Port Engine - ErnessW - 10-17-2014, 02:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split Port Trouble Installing Starter on a 2002 Focus ErnessW 1 2,289 12-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Last Post: ErnessW