Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake help needed...
Brake fluid is going to get flushed/bled next week when I'm on holidays. I'll let you know my findings!

Nef, to me you would get moisture in through the seals in the calipers around the pistons, since they expand and contract so much with heat.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
it is near impossible to stop water from getting in your brake system. The only reason its called a 'closed' system is because hydrulic fluid dosent transmit power very well in an 'open' system lol
Ok, so update time.

Haven't been able to bleed/flush the system, since my fawking front bleeder screws are seized, and snapped off in the caliper. Amazingly, I've gotten one rear bleeder free, and the other budged, but then the rusted 'nut' rounded off just enough that my slightly oversized wrench (7/16" vs. 11mm) wouldn't turn it anymore.

New rotors are on, but that doesn't help a damn thing since its up on jack stands in my garage...

Tomorrow I will be picking up some rebuilt calipers, a proper 11mm wrench, and hopefully that last bleeder on the rear will come loose.

-Ryan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bleeder came free with 11mm wrench. Yay!
++++++++++++++++++++++++
shoulda used PB......lol
Dude, my wife has been complaining of the smell of PB in the garage. Big Grin I soaked the bleeders for about 3 days straight, 2 applications a day. It saved my ass on the rear bleeders, but the fronts wouldn't budge.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Picked up the calipers.

Not sure if anybody knows, but Partsource has a 'Save $10' coupon on purchase of $40 or more until the end of the month. Using that, each caliper came out to $46 (after core exchange)! Smile
++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, after...

- new pads
- new rotors
- new calipers
- full fluid flush and bleed

SUCCESS! Ok, so I replaced everything but the lines and master cylinder, but vibration is all gone, and pedal feel is good. Nice and smooth travel, not too grabby. Bedded the pads into the rotor, and braking performance is much improved. My brakes can finally save my ass in my old Focus if need be... Big Grin
++++++++++++++++++++++++
*thumbsup*

Nice one Ryan!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.