Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA ghetto heat buster intake
You're absolutely right Ken,

There's a lot of support now for the tuning software that's out there, and if you can get a decent base tune from a tuner, you'd be off to a great start.

You could slowly turn up your spark advance towards the max torque spark value until you were happy with your results.

I honestly think you could get by with an a/f closer to 12:1 with the focus... 11 is still pretty rich for the modest amount of boost you're running and the water/meth. You could always check to see what activity your knock sensor is seeing, but if you're not logging any knock spark delay, you should be alright... you do have further control over one parameter, and that is you could turn down your water meth a little bit... keep a close ear/datalogger for knock and you'd stand to gain a bit more power until you're able to lean out and/or advance your spark more.

Because if you're putting in too much water/meth and you don't have enough advance or lean enough a/f, you're losing HP.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

see the other thing im worried about here, is that you were on steeda's dyno, which we all know reads out high numbers by comparison to a dynojet and we found that out this year and had some people a little disappointed with their numbers compared to last year.

if you made 150 whp and 160 wtq, on a dyno jet your more then likely looking at 140/140 unless those numbers were not the peak power but the smoothed out power that pat does on there.

i feel this car has a ton more to offer, the SVT header and exhaust wont be holding it up all that much, tony ran factory exhaust with his procharger and he isnt the only one rocking an SVT set up and making really nice power. granted the JRSC is handsdown the weakest boosted option for the focus, but it should still crank out more then a bone stock SVT.

i feel for ya ken, and i really hope you either get the software and play around with the tuning or contact randy and see what he can do for you. at the very least he can look at your datalogs and say "ya you need to add more spark and pull more fuel" to atleast get you on the right track as to where you need to go. also, ecu tuning section on focaljet is a very big help for tuning yourself as randy and many other members can assist with any issues your having building your tune file
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily