Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coilover...s.s.sss
i am searching for coilover and heard these 2 setups d2 and ksport wil give me lower than h&r. i used to have h&r coilover.

i think d2 and ksport are identical, they looked rebadged. correct me if i am wrong..

is there anybody running any of these?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I have D2 (not installed, yet but soon)

Ksport and D2 are the same

and with them they have adjustment with the spring and the shock/strut height, and dampening (like Koni's)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
don't tell me you bought d2 because you are a purple whore! haha
i like the fact it comes with top mount attached.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
[Image: 001-3.jpg]

not sure if you can see it in the pics, but they are adjustable on the shock/strut
(09-12-2010, 12:35 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: don't tell me you bought d2 because you are a purple whore! haha
i like the fact it comes with top mount attached.

LMAO yeah they had to special order them and have them drop shipped from over seas.... just so i could have purple
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
^^^ yes because it is called "coilover".
what is the purple oval looking thing on top of shock?
i heard from ksport that that thing was for mazda3 application and they had to redesign.
did you happen to buy their old setup?
(09-12-2010, 12:38 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: ^^^ yes because it is called "coilover".
what is the purple oval looking thing on top of shock?
i heard from ksport that that thing was for mazda3 application and they had to redesign.
did you happen to buy their old setup?

I'll get closer pics so you can see what i mean....

not sure what that oval thing is.... install will hopefully be this week now that i am unemployed Big Grin
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
have fun while you are unemployed, i know that feeling..and you get bored quite easy without doing anything..

and if you can, can you get me a picture at lowest height pic plz?
The H&R and KW used a standard height shock and strut, and had all of the adjustability in the springs. right?

D2, Ksport, Cxracing... etc. (look to be all made by the same company)
Have the spring height adjustable AND the shock/strut height adjustable

[Image: 001-4.jpg]

[Image: 002-2.jpg]

these aren't the greatest pics but i hope you can see what i mean, as i raised the height of the strut on the 2nd pic
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
oooh~~that is what you meant!
that will give another quarter inch drop i guess?
(09-12-2010, 01:14 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: oooh~~that is what you meant!
that will give another quarter inch drop i guess?

no alot more... that was all i did just to show the difference

i can take pics tomorrow compared to the KYB GR2 shocks/struts i have to show the true difference if you want?
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
When I was unemployed earlier this year I got so much work done on my car. I was given a fair size buyout so I really didn't need to worry about finding a job right away. 1st time I was able to do that. It felt good having an extended paid vacation. Sucks that yours is so late in the season. Have fun working on your car.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Those rear upper shock mounts look like there for a mazda 3/5?
The Focus only has a single bolt hole in the hatch.

Focus
[Image: DSC00872.jpg]

Mazda
[Image: Konirearshockinstall-adjustmentp-1.jpg?1284312543]
Cool thanx for clearing it up Castone!

I'm sure the mount can be unbolted for use in the focus
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
(09-13-2010, 04:06 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: Cool thanx for clearing it up Castone!

I'm sure the mount can be unbolted for use in the focus
NP

Yeah that's what I was thinking, the top can probably just un-bolt from the shock and then be installed into the focus.
i think the focus does have that mount but nobody actually takes it out because we dont need to. the mazda guys do because the cant get to it from inside the hatch so they have to remove the entire mount from underneath instead of up top.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
how's that D2 coilover working for you? I have the same one but hasn't installed it yet. maybe next spring i get authority motorsport to do it for me.