Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the '05-'07 washer nozzles be re-aimed?
Hi

I'm a new Focus owner; here's my question:
I have a 2005 ST and as I drive mainly highway I find the washers spray too low on the windshield. Can they be aimed higher, or are there revised parts available? A quick look didn't reveal anything obvious.

05ST
They can just be cleaned with a tooth pick. But now I think you may be able to move then too. Not sure good luck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Not sure about Focii, but in other vehicles, I would insert a needle (which helps clean it out) and use it as leverage
and place the spray where I wanted.
I found midpoint between the lowest and highest part of the windshield best; a good combination of street and highway driving.
Also, are you sure your pump is giving you max. pressure?

Just my 2C
(02-22-2012, 08:51 AM)2009SEL Wrote: 05

Not sure about Focii, but in other vehicles, I would insert a needle (which helps clean it out) and use it as leverage
and place the spray where I wanted.
I found midpoint between the lowest and highest part of the windshield best; a good combination of street and highway driving.
Also, are you sure your pump is giving you max. pressure?

Just my 2C

The pump seems ok; the spray is strong. just a little low at highway speeds.

05ST
Maybe a little off topic, but in Finland, the squirter is called a 'pissapoika', which translates to pissing boy. The top windshield wiper fluid brand-name is called Superpiss.

This sounds a little like going to the doctor and saying it hurts when I do this and the doctor says, "Then don't go like that."
Maybe driving under 160km/hr would help? Smile