Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Warhawk Thread
So has anyone been playing Warhawk since the latest updates?

I've found more fun in playing on the expert servers than on the noob servers (where I rightfully belong)... the noob servers have a lot of campers, and little action, however, I'm curious to the 30 minute time limits I see on the noob servers versus the 15 minute limit in expert.

Anyhoo... game is addictingly fun... wish I had more time to play.

Nefcanuck.. where've you been? You haven't logged any time on warhawk since early april!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,May 21 2008, 11:22 AM Wrote:So has anyone been playing Warhawk since the latest updates?

I've found more fun in playing on the expert servers than on the noob servers (where I rightfully belong)... the noob servers have a lot of campers, and little action, however, I'm curious to the 30 minute time limits I see on the noob servers versus the 15 minute limit in expert.

Anyhoo... game is addictingly fun... wish I had more time to play.

Nefcanuck.. where've you been?  You haven't logged any time on warhawk since early april!
[right][snapback]264773[/snapback][/right]

Been busy as hell actually (The car debacle sapped any desire to play at that point) You gonna be on tonight? I won't have a chance to play again until Sunday night otherwise...

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,May 21 2008, 12:22 PM Wrote:So has anyone been playing Warhawk since the latest updates?[right][snapback]264773[/snapback][/right]
Yes, I still play regularly, right now my Global Ranking is 6490.

Personally, I hate the new time limits. IMO, the time limit is a poor band-aid that doesn't address the problem that they're trying to fix. The problem is in the "team balancing", where between rounds they're supposed to be taking the available players and divvy them up according to rank/skill level so that the teams are somewhat even. Well, whatever formula they're using isn't working -- there have been complaints about the lop-sided rounds where, ie in CTF, that one team gets 4 flags in 10 minutes and then spends the next 20 minutes base-raping the losers for points (stat-padding) before going for the last flag cap. So instead of fixing the balancing, they just limited the time so you can only base-rape for 10 minutes instead. :rolleyes:

Really, when you get in a good balanced match, some of the best ones are when you're down and you rally for a comeback. Now, there's not enough time to do that -- even worse, a lot of games both teams go into lockdown mode -- nobody goes for flags and its just a big team deathmatch. I've never seen so may tied games since the update Monday.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
yeah.. lots of tied games for sure.

Also, I see team damage is back in for the expert servers. I had a good 30+ points and then accidentally backed over our flag carrier when I backed up my jeep to 'pick him up'.

-26 points for doing that really hurt.

I'm sure he was the guy that ran me over with the thank in our base later that same game.

one of my new favourite strategies is catching someone landing in a warhawk to take my flag. I scurry out of the bushes, hop in the parked warhawk and let the badguy have it (grand theft auto style!).

NefCanuck,May 21 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:Been busy as hell actually (The car debacle sapped any desire to play at that point) You gonna be on tonight?  I won't have a chance to play again until Sunday night otherwise...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]264807[/snapback][/right]

that makes sense... Nothing beats blowing stuff up for a bit of stress relief tho..

I'll likely be on Sun evening...

I was online again on Sunday evening.. didn't see anyone there...

the noob servers sort of suck tho. It's a cross of people coming to grips with the game and those trying to pad their stats... I actually find I score more when I'm on the expert servers.

darkpuppet,May 27 2008, 10:34 AM Wrote:I was online again on Sunday evening.. didn't see anyone there...

the noob servers sort of suck tho.  It's a cross of people coming to grips with the game and those trying to pad their stats...  I actually find I score more when I'm on the expert servers.
[right][snapback]265197[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I was outta town this past weekend helping raise $ for Sick Kids, by the time I got back, I was dead tired...

I think I'll pop on tonight after the condo Bd. meeting for a few hours... may as well get bashed around some more :P

NefCanuck