Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headlight question.
I have a question about my headlights, is there a reason why they are black instead of the chrome? Because i seen a yellow zx5 like mine an it has chrome instead of black. I was jw if it was an option or is there more to it.
Those would be svt headlights if they are black not chrome
In 03 I think they changed the housings to grey no?
Hmmmm.... Didn't know that little tid bit... Well Adam I guess it depends if they are grey or black?
i believe chrome housing was standard and had an option to have grey housing for 03-04.
and there was mach(hid) audio edition on 02. and then svt 02-04 had a choice black housing or mach hid.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
00-02 had chrome headlights
03-04 had grey housing headlights
02-04 SVT had black housing headlights
Mach/SVT Hids were never an option in Canada
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
(07-03-2011, 10:56 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Hmmmm.... Didn't know that little tid bit... Well Adam I guess it depends if they are grey or black?

Its an 03 but there black.
Sounds like the previous owner replaced them for whatever reason with the CDN-spec SVT headlight housings. They're functionally identical to the rest of the first-gen Focus housings, but they're black.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^^^ BOOOM!!!