FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Fiesta Test Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I work for Ford, and through my job I got a chance to test drive the 2010 fiesta. I gotta say its pretty nice for a sub-compact. During this test drive i got to compare it to its competitors in the market, Honda fit (a lot of road noise), Toyota yaris (meh not so bad), Nissan versa (terrible body roll) etc .... the fiesta has electronic steering and handles amazing, sticks to the road. A new ford transmission, good torque around 3000rpm it really picked up. 1.6L engine has plenty of power for the size of the car. Nice interior options, pretty much loaded. lots of room. Good price tag too.

What do you guys think??

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/cars/fiesta.d..._id=cids10FIEE;

The fiesta is just a focus with a facelift and a tuny engine. Slap a factory turbo in that car and you've got yourself a winner.

As it is its nothing to get too excited about unless aftermarket picks up the pieces like they did with the NA focus. If it was at least the same engine we could start thinking dirty toughts.
The gf loves it, we plan on one day owning one... :D

I don't mind the look of it, but i'll keep looking at the edge/fusion/taurus for myself. lol
(05-02-2010, 08:59 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]The fiesta is just a focus with a facelift and a tuny engine. Slap a factory turbo in that car and you've got yourself a winner.

As it is its nothing to get too excited about unless aftermarket picks up the pieces like they did with the NA focus. If it was at least the same engine we could start thinking dirty toughts.

Not quite hardk0re.

The Fiesta is a different chassis than the Focus altogether being in the "B" segment (IE: The tiny little runabouts) versus the Focus which in Europe is on the "C" class chassis (IE: The not quite as tiny cars)

If they ever turbo'ed that little thing dear god would they have a pocket rocket on their hands, but I think we'd geta diesel before that IMO.

The one things I'm really surprised at is that ATM they don't even offer an upgrade to the stock stereo. If they're marketing the thing to young people as a first car, you'd think that they would offer a little more "boom" for that tiny room Big Grin

I haven't seen any reviews yet with the DSG autobox and I'll be curious to see how the car performs with one (Not that I would buy a car that small myself, I go to the chiropractor enough as it is... Undecided)

NefCanuck
Nice widebody Kit, Turbo= Winner.
#1. Needs a 2 door
#2. Hatch is 4,000.00 more than sedan. Taking advantage of the hot hatch market. Ford greed.
#3. No optional diesel.
#4. No optional 2.0L or 2.3L Duratec.
#5. Needs Boost!
#6. Needs AWD option.
(05-06-2010, 02:42 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]#1. Needs a 2 door
#2. Hatch is 4,000.00 more than sedan. Taking advantage of the hot hatch market. Ford greed.
#3. No optional diesel.
#4. No optional 2.0L or 2.3L Duratec.
#5. Needs Boost!
#6. Needs AWD option.

#1. Not going to happen because you'll need to be a contortionist to get back there. The Fiesta is smaller than a Focus

#2. No, the SE hatch is $700 more than the SE sedan. You are comparing the S sedan (bottom basic) to the SE hatch. Hatches cost more to produce than sedans, what do you want?

#3. May come, but probably not. It already gets the same mileage as the Prius. You complain about the price difference for the hatch, are you willing to pay an extra 2-3G for a diesel to save $300 a year in gas?

#4. Won't fit, it barely fits in a Focus let alone a Fiesta.

#5. Coming, look for a future Fiesta ST. But also don't expect it to be cheap. You of all people should know this, didn't you turbo your car? Another 3G to a B-Car is a lot.

#6. Not going to happen because (1) it's an entry level car not a 30,000 sport sedan (AWD would add another 2G AT LEAST) and (2) at 130HP AWD isn't practical and (3) AWD requires a driveshaft tunnel that would take up already limited interior space.

Not sure exactly if you're thinking about your complaints before you're making them.
It's nice, but too small for my family of 5!
I like the gas economy of it though. Would help with my 90Km total daily commute.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2012 Focus in person. The online videos/images look great. Just wishing for a turbo ST/RS version Wink
Screw Fiesta...........This is the little beast that will come here soon
http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009...large1.jpg
(05-06-2010, 11:02 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Screw Fiesta...........This is the little beast that will come here soon

Yeah, but when? Talking about this coming "soon" is like talking about getting a Focus RS here as "maybe". You can get the Fiesta here now, the order banks are open. And talk about it as a "beast" all you want, the top engine in it is a 94hp 1.4L while the Fiesta has 120hp 1.6L. That's over 25% more power. the same gas mileage in a roomier car that's only marginally heavier. Apart from looks the Fiesta will walk all over it.
The Fiesta is aimed at the same people in the market for a Fit or Yaris/Echo. I think it's going to take away a lot of customers from the asian automakers, as it's going to be a more upscale car for the money. Plus it doesn't look stupid like those cars do.

I am waiting for these, and the new Focus to be available, and see what happens...
From what I've read, it sounds and looks like it'll be a good car. Unfortunately, it doesn't have rear disc brakes, which is a disappointment to me. Although, I'm not too sure if any vehicles of that segment have them, I'd want them. ( just me getting tired of drums.....brakes.)
(05-07-2010, 02:56 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2010, 11:02 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Screw Fiesta...........This is the little beast that will come here soon

Yeah, but when? Talking about this coming "soon" is like talking about getting a Focus RS here as "maybe". You can get the Fiesta here now, the order banks are open. And talk about it as a "beast" all you want, the top engine in it is a 94hp 1.4L while the Fiesta has 120hp 1.6L. That's over 25% more power. the same gas mileage in a roomier car that's only marginally heavier. Apart from looks the Fiesta will walk all over it.
Fiat? you mean Chrysler. like most italian cars, reliability will be an issue.

It's been confirmed that it is comming this or next year to the market.

lol really Fiesta > Abarth? Abarth will eat that thing alive Angel

The Fiat 500 Abarth takes a nice regular Fiat 500 adds a turbocharged engine, and some racing stripes, and makes a regular car into a super sweet sports car in an economy-like package! The specs on the Fiat 500 Abarth are as follows:

Overall Vehicle: 4 passenger car; 2 doors and a hatchback; front wheel drive
Starting PRICE: around $23,000 or £13,500
Engine: the Fiat 500 Abarth has a turbocharged DOHC 16-valve 1.4-liter inline-4 engine under the hood; the engine block is of aluminum; port fuel injection is standard.
Displacement: 83 cu in, 1368cc
Power: 135 bhp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 152 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm

Transmission: since it's a sporty car, the 5-speed manual transmission is included on the Abarth
Vehicle Dimensions:90.6" wheelbase; total length is 139.8"; car width is 65.0"; height is 58.2"
Curb weight: just over 2280 pounds

I'm not interested in a regular Fiat 500 with 94hp
135bhp, not bad on a car that small. I'd like to see how that aluminum block holds up when people try pushing more boost into them Big Grin Definetly going to make for a nice blowup when those do occur.

I'd still like to test drive one of these things, looks fun.
(05-11-2010, 12:37 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]

It's been confirmed that it is comming this or next year to the market.

lol really Fiesta > Abarth? Abarth will eat that thing alive Angel

The Fiat 500 Abarth takes a nice regular Fiat 500 adds a turbocharged engine, and some racing stripes, and makes a regular car into a super sweet sports car in an economy-like package! The specs on the Fiat 500 Abarth are as follows:

Overall Vehicle: 4 passenger car; 2 doors and a hatchback; front wheel drive
Starting PRICE: around $23,000 or £13,500
Engine: the Fiat 500 Abarth has a turbocharged DOHC 16-valve 1.4-liter inline-4 engine under the hood; the engine block is of aluminum; port fuel injection is standard.
Displacement: 83 cu in, 1368cc
Power: 135 bhp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 152 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm

Transmission: since it's a sporty car, the 5-speed manual transmission is included on the Abarth
Vehicle Dimensions:90.6" wheelbase; total length is 139.8"; car width is 65.0"; height is 58.2"
Curb weight: just over 2280 pounds

I'm not interested in a regular Fiat 500 with 94hp

You still didn't give a date as to when it goes on sale.

Or is this another phantom RS that never gets here?