FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Patt Quinn Fired.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ANTHONYD,Apr 20 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:WHO SHOULD GO:
----------------------

Antropov
Berg
Domi
Allison
O'neil
Belak
Belfour
Telleqvist
Ponikerovsky(sp?)
as much as I hate Tucker..I can't see why we should ditch him (most heart) so keep him.
[right][snapback]182400[/snapback][/right]

i agree with that list almost entirely... except i'd keep domi, and get rid of sundin...
scoobasteve,Apr 20 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 20 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:WHO SHOULD GO:
----------------------

Antropov
Berg
Domi
Allison
O'neil
Belak
Belfour
Telleqvist
Ponikerovsky(sp?)
as much as I hate Tucker..I can't see why we should ditch him (most heart) so keep him.
[right][snapback]182400[/snapback][/right]

i agree with that list almost entirely... except i'd keep domi, and get rid of sundin...
[right][snapback]182404[/snapback][/right]

You have to fackin' joking.

Domi works better from sick kids than on the ice.

I can't believe you would ditch Sundin for a guy who can't turn left.

You're nuts.
http://www.mapleleafs.com/team/playerstats.html

I agree with most of Anthony's List...

Tucker (#4) and Allison (#5) did well this year, should keep them. Ponikarovsky (#9) didn't do too bad, but I think maybe he should be let go.

Domi sucks. He's just the "bad boy" but Belak had more fights than him this year. Both should be gone.
Allison is tooo slow for today's game. He also takes ice time from wellwood and stajan, impeding on thier development. Get rid of domi & belak and bring up john phol and find a younger enforcer who is actually willing to fight for less than 1.5M. I think Luke Richardson should do everyone a favour and just hang them up... Ponky is an all round player and I think is an asset to toronto. I don't know why Don hates him so much?.

I agree about everybody else on the list....
nass,Apr 20 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:One of my goals in life are to witness the leafs win the cup. I will be 27 soon and plan to live until 80. So that's roughly 53 years I have to wait.
[right][snapback]182365[/snapback][/right]

Better ask them to toss you in freezer and thaw you out when it happens. :lol:

Sundin should go but not because he's a bad player, but because he needs a change of scenery. Look at how well he played at the olympics. I think he's just had enough of it in TO. *Just IMO* I notice that Lindros wans't on Anthony's list either, the guy can still play good hockey as we saw at the start of the season, but the problem is he usually misses more games than he plays due to injury. Too much of a liability in my books.
IMO, it's a shame to lose Quinn. Ferguson is the problem.

And Tucker has to go. It is rumored around the league that many good players won't come to Toronto as long as the poison pill Tucker is on the team.

Anthony, your turnabout on Tucker is classic. Domi will most likely retire after this season. Especially if his babysitting duties with Belfour continues.
meford4u,Apr 20 2006, 06:08 PM Wrote:IMO, it's a shame to lose Quinn.  Ferguson is the problem.

And Tucker has to go.  It is rumored around the league that many good players won't come to Toronto as long as the poison pill Tucker is on the team.

Anthony, your turnabout on Tucker is classic.  Domi will most likely retire after this season.  Especially if his babysitting duties with Belfour continues.
[right][snapback]182451[/snapback][/right]

I HATE Tucker.

Everyone knows it.

Doesn't change tha fact that he's productive and has Heart.

I still thik he's a f uc kin' tool.

Can't stand the guy.
I saw Quinn getting canned the minute that the Leafs hired Paul Maurice to coach the Marlies. Think about it for a minute, why would an ex-NHL HEAD coach take a job at an AHL affilate at a still young age unless he was made certain promises? My guess being that the Leafs management promised him first dibs on the job if Quinn left or was pushed out.

Then the Leafs management proceeds to make it happen by resigning garbage (Hello Aki Berg, don't let your ass hit you on the way out, Tie Domi, go piss behind another tree you meathead ) and injury prone players looking for a payday from a gullible Leafs management ([i]Hello there Eric Lindros & Jason Allison)

Couple that with Quinn's love affair with vetran players and you have the stinking turd that was the Leafs season...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 20 2006, 09:22 PM Wrote:I saw Quinn getting canned the minute that the Leafs hired Paul Maurice to coach the Marlies.  Think about it for a minute, why would an ex-NHL HEAD coach take a job at an AHL affilate at a still young age unless he was made certain promises?  My guess being that the Leafs management promised him first dibs on the job if Quinn left or was pushed out.

Then the Leafs management proceeds to make it happen by resigning garbage (Hello Aki Berg, don't let your ass hit you on the way out, Tie Domi, go piss behind another tree you meathead ) and injury prone players looking for a payday from a gullible Leafs management ([i]Hello there Eric Lindros & Jason Allison)

Couple that with Quinn's love affair with vetran players and you have the stinking turd that was the Leafs season...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]182495[/snapback][/right]

I honestly don;t think Quinn was responsible for the poor aquisitions over the past few years.

I blame Firgie.
I think we should fire anyone who talks about hockey when there's no snow on the ground.

The Hockey season is FAAAAAAAAAR too long. Playoffs should be in the final round by now.

Fire everybody. They're ALL a bunch of overpaid crybabies.

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!1
John Ferguson Jr. is next for sure!!!

Too bad seeing Quinn get the axe. I wonder if he will ever get the chance to win a cup, that damn bridesmaid curse...

Just think this will be the rebuilding process for the leafs they need it...

OH YEAH REBUILDING SINCE 1967!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS GO
bluetoy,Apr 21 2006, 02:11 AM Wrote:I think we should fire anyone who talks about hockey when there's no snow on the ground.

The Hockey season is FAAAAAAAAAR too long. Playoffs should be in the final round by now.

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!1

+1
If the leafs are anything of what I know from hanging with half of the old St. Mike's alumni, it's an old-boys club pure and simple.

Because I hang with a St. Mike's alumnus, I, in my 1st year of living in Toronto had a notory public, employment laywer, accountant at my disposal for the princely sum of an occasional pint.

and these are all hockey boys who are friends, or know people who hang out with what seems half the leafs.

Granted, I'm not THAT in to be invited to Lindros' cottage parties, but it's quit mafia how they seem to be all connected.

p.s. I agree, hockey goes on waaaay too long. It's a WINTER sport, not a fall, winter, spring, and half of summer sport.
darkpuppet,Apr 21 2006, 08:10 AM Wrote:If the leafs are anything of what I know from hanging with half of the old St. Mike's alumni, it's an old-boys club pure and simple.

p.s.  I agree, hockey goes on waaaay too long.  It's a WINTER sport, not a fall, winter, spring, and half of summer sport.
[right][snapback]182554[/snapback][/right]

That's not unusual Darkpuppet, in my travels working for Legal Aid Ontario over the past eleven years I've met more people and made more "connections" in the legal field than I can (or care to) remember, most of it of the "old boys club" variety (Though more diverse than the term implies).

Especially when I did computer tech support for Legal Aid for a year back in 01/02. I still get calls for computer assistance (and standing offers for all sorts of "help" as the need arises) :rolleyes:

As to the length of the hockey season, blame it on the greedy owners and their voracious appetite for home playoff gate revenue. I remember when the format was 3-3-5-7 for crying out loud <_<

NefCanuck
tdot-zx3,Apr 21 2006, 04: Wrote:
bluetoy,Apr 21 2006, 02:11 AM Wrote:I think we should fire anyone who talks about hockey when there's no snow on the ground.

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!1

+1
[right][snapback]182530[/snapback][/right]

I SOOOOOOOOOO back that!!!

Preach on brotha!!
Pages: 1 2