FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just So You Know.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
IF YOUR TRAVELLING ONTO THE CITY THIS WEEKEND....THE GARDENER IS CLOSED FROM FRIDAY 11PM TO MONDAY MORNING FOR REPAIRS.

PLAN ACCORDINGLY!
Good to know. I don't think I will be able to take the girlfriend home. She is going to have to spend the weekend or take the TTC. I will talk her into staying.
AnthonyD too lazy to type Highway?
lol, well theres always the Lakeshore boulevard, if you dont wanna take the Gardiner/QEW. just make sure you plan ahead, lakeshore traffic can be hecktic.
It completely skrews the city. I wanted to goto chinatown for some produce this weekend...I guess that's out :(
<_< ...so that creates problems!
Thanks for the info, Anthony!
ANTHONYD,Apr 20 2006, 02:53 PM Wrote:It completely skrews the city. I wanted to goto chinatown for some produce this weekend...I guess that's out :(
[right][snapback]182403[/snapback][/right]

you could always go to the asian markets on Burnathrope in mississauga, just west of mavis. they have really good prices and pritty much everything asian but most only take cash.
Yeah, but it's not the same.

I need the smell of rotting meat to motivate me.
bloor st.
dundas/dupont

all good alternatives

i generally take them as far as ossington
and then take ossington south to huron
then huron to spadina!!

right that s*** down . . .
it is great when the hwy is slow!!
ANTHONYD,Apr 20 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:It completely skrews the city. I wanted to goto chinatown for some produce this weekend...I guess that's out :(
[right][snapback]182403[/snapback][/right]

See this is where a GPS can help you. For example I can tell mine to avoid highways when planning routes so that if I were insane enough to want to go downtown this weekend, I could get to my destination easily ;)

Besides, there are alternatives to going to Chinatown, the Mississauga option was mentioned and there is the Pacfic Mall in Markham, but I only recommend that if you have a disabled parking permit, otherwise space you will not find my young Padaawan :D

NefCanuck
Just heard on the radio that the gardiner will NOT be closed this weekend. Probably cause it'll rain this weekend?

trying to find a link to confirm.
when i was on the gardiner this morning
i saw the electronic signs,
and they said that the gardiner will be open this weekend!!

:ph34r:
Broli,Apr 21 2006, 10:21 AM Wrote:when i was on the gardiner this morning
i saw the electronic signs,
and they said that the gardiner will be open this weekend!!

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]182589[/snapback][/right]

They cancelled it:

http://www.toronto.ca/transportation/road_...ex.htm#schedule

Sweet
NefCanuck,Apr 20 2006, 07:21 PM Wrote:Besides, there are alternatives to going to Chinatown, the Mississauga option was mentioned and there is the Pacfic Mall in Markham, but I only recommend that if you have a disabled parking permit, otherwise space you will not find my young Padaawan :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]182476[/snapback][/right]

you don't go to the Pacific Mall on a saturday.. you just don't.
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 20 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:<_< ...so that creates problems!
[right][snapback]182413[/snapback][/right]

Now that the construction has been cancelled due to rain.

It's official:

I NOW CONTROL THE WEATHER, told you I would one day.

;)
darkpuppet,Apr 21 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 20 2006, 07:21 PM Wrote:Besides, there are alternatives to going to Chinatown, the Mississauga option was mentioned and there is the Pacfic Mall in Markham, but I only recommend that if you have a disabled parking permit, otherwise space you will not find my young Padaawan :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]182476[/snapback][/right]

you don't go to the Pacific Mall on a saturday.. you just don't.
[right][snapback]182613[/snapback][/right]

There are a few advantages to being a "cripple", that's one of 'em B) (The disabled parking spots)

Besides, people see the cane and they give me a wide berth :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 21 2006, 08:44 PM Wrote:There are a few advantages to being a "cripple", that's one of 'em B) (The disabled parking spots)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]182675[/snapback][/right]

and if they don't you start golfing with your cane right?
nass,Apr 21 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 21 2006, 08:44 PM Wrote:There are a few advantages to being a "cripple", that's one of 'em B) (The disabled parking spots)

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]182701[/snapback][/right]

Damn straight! Nearly took out an asshat today who parks in the disabled spot, no permit. I park elsewhere point (with my cane yet) to the sign and the fool just smiles and doesn't move an inch, the ultimate $%^$ you I went inside the store looking to complain but the jerkoff pulled out before I could complete my story to the clerk.

I was SO tempted to just bash his van with my cane though <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 21 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:
nass,Apr 21 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]182701[/snapback][/right]

Damn straight! Nearly took out an asshat today who parks in the disabled spot, no permit. I park elsewhere point (with my cane yet) to the sign and the fool just smiles and doesn't move an inch, the ultimate $%^$ you I went inside the store looking to complain but the jerkoff pulled out before I could complete my story to the clerk.

I was SO tempted to just bash his van with my cane though <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]182724[/snapback][/right]

digi cam, picture of the plates in the spot and hand it into the ministry
2001 ZTS,Apr 21 2006, 01:54 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 20 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:<_< ...so that creates problems!
[right][snapback]182413[/snapback][/right]

Now that the construction has been cancelled due to rain.

It's official:

I NOW CONTROL THE WEATHER, told you I would one day.

;)
[right][snapback]182643[/snapback][/right]

Well you did this time.
UPDATE:
F. G. Gardiner Expressway
Saturday April 29
2:00am to 10:00pm
Westbound lanes between Carlaw Avenue and Humber River
Road Resurfacing
Pages: 1 2