FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Free Parts Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought some of you guys might want to know....

Aug 22 & 23, 2009

Free Parts day out here at Abe's Auto in Bowmanville

$39.99 all you can carry

http://www.aawr.ca

and as far as i can see there is no model year limit like at Standard ;)
SL8RZZX3,Aug 19 2009, 08:08 PM Wrote:Free Parts[right][snapback]293002[/snapback][/right]

SL8RZZX3,Aug 19 2009, 08:08 PM Wrote:$39.99 [right][snapback]293002[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r:
wonder what the selection is like...i'd love to get some door handles and headlights to play with.
ZTWsquared,Aug 19 2009, 10:33 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Aug 19 2009, 08:08 PM Wrote:Free Parts[right][snapback]293002[/snapback][/right]

SL8RZZX3,Aug 19 2009, 08:08 PM Wrote:$39.99 [right][snapback]293002[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]293009[/snapback][/right]

LOL like Standard they charge an entrance fee to get into the yard....

But since i might go looking for a hatch so get shaved, which prices out to $200 before tax, plus what ever else i can carry $39.99 might as well be free
*wonders if he can get enough parts to make a new car in one trip*

*wonders if the parts guys would notice him walking a utility trailer through the yard like a wheelbarrow*

I COULD always go looking for a first-gen Escape's No Boundaries roof rack deflector. Of course, there's always the 5 hour drive from North Bay to consider.

How does this s*** work? Can you pay again and go back through again? If so, I'll pay someone nicely for their time. :)
Just hire a long ass crane and have it strategically place for in yard pick in the back section lol. I might go. But they say they are open on the 23 but thats a sunday and the website says its closed on Sundays???
do you know if they have a big Focus invintory? i need a few parts including a newer rust free trunk lid.
Just went to the database on their website... boo! Nothing for an 05-07 focus? Either they don't have it, or their database sucks butt.

Thinking of getting headlights I can attempt to paint, and maybe painted mirrors/handles off an ST or SVT.

Wondering if I should gamble $40 away or not..

Then again now that I think of it -- I doubt they'd have every single bit in a database, that would take forever if its a big place.

Now I'm REALLY wondering if I want to gamble $40.. I'm sure I could find lots of stuff though.
if its like standard, then you can not use trailers to carry parts. You can not drag parts on the ground and there is a line that you must pass with all the parts in your hands. its about 10Meters. once you pass that then you are good to go.
Well there was only 1 focus there.....

But i scored a set of chrome headlights, stock grille, grille splash guard, dome light w/ surround, intermitant wiper switch w/ rear wiper controls, A driver's side seat belt and bumper lights

AND a 99 neon Trunk lid and tails for my buddy

The focus that was there was a white SPI wagon and it was in mint shape, i was almost tempted to offer them $200 for it as a rolling chassis and start a V8 conversion

They were also taking orders for next month, so i said to have lots of 00-07 foci on hand, since they said they had lots.