FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Little Police Fyi For The Ottawa Folks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed the same thing in the GTA, many many cops on the onramps and such targeting people not wearing seatbelts.
hardk0re,Apr 19 2006, 09:53 AM Wrote:I noticed the same thing in the GTA, many many cops on the onramps and such targeting people not wearing seatbelts.
[right][snapback]182039[/snapback][/right]

Just went to timmy's to pick up a DD.

And theyre taking this seriously, every majoy intersection In Rockland had cops at them walking right up to cars stopping at the stopp signsghts to check the seatbelts.

I made sure my windows were down so they could clearly see me, since theyre checking for unsafe vehicles, I didnt really want to be bothered about my tint.
I was pulled over and midly bothered yesterday for my seatbelt. I always wear one, but the cop insisted I didn't have it on until he pulled me over.

I aint fawkin Kreskin.

When I told him to call for his supervisor if he was going to hand me a ticket, that was the end of the story. I was polite and forthright with him, without coming across rude and obnoxious like i normally do. Seems like being polite makes for a better arguement.
meford4u,Apr 19 2006, 12:24 PM Wrote:Seems like being polite makes for a better arguement.
[right][snapback]182076[/snapback][/right]

Ummmm, yeah! Especially with the popo.
Sounds like the cops all over are having fun. Coming back from a friend's place last night there were no less than 3 North Bay cops in one end of town, busting people for who knows what.

On the way to work yesterday, eagle-eyed OPP were "augmenting" the town cops and eyeballing just about everything that wasn't rental-issue.

It's a freakin' epidemic I tells ya! :o
I got warned last week for speeding in the parkinglot at the crappie tire. I guess I deserved it seeing he was sittling in the parking lot at williams coffee pub doing paperwork.

I went through a belt check this morning. I wear my belt when I'm moving the cars in the driveway for pete's sake.:rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Apr 19 2006, 01:20 PM Wrote:I got warned last week for speeding in the parkinglot at the crappie tire. I guess I deserved it seeing he was sittling in the parking lot at williams coffee pub doing paperwork.

I went through a belt check this morning. I wear my belt when I'm moving the cars in the driveway for pete's sake.:rolleyes:
[right][snapback]182092[/snapback][/right]

Heh I refuse to take the car outta gear if I have passengers who haven't buckled up (I always buckle up, even before the accident but esp. now). I don't need to sit there and hear the lecture from the cop to my dumb-ass passenger....

NefCanuck