FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What's With All The Cops?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
was at Donway Ford test driving a GT convertible (SCHAWEET!) this evening, and on my way back, noticed that there were cop cars at every major intersection on Eglinton between Warden and Mt Pleasant...

what gives?

not to mention the chopper in the air and a bunch of emergency vehicles on warden south of eg...

darkpuppet,Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:was at Donway Ford test driving a GT convertible (SCHAWEET!) this evening, and on my way back, noticed that there were cop cars at every major intersection on Eglinton between Warden and Mt Pleasant...

what gives? 

not to mention the chopper in the air and a bunch of emergency vehicles on warden south of eg...
[right][snapback]181966[/snapback][/right]

Somebody at Donway tipped them off???
ZTWsquared,Apr 18 2006, 09:30 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:was at Donway Ford test driving a GT convertible (SCHAWEET!) this evening, and on my way back, noticed that there were cop cars at every major intersection on Eglinton between Warden and Mt Pleasant...

what gives? 

Somebody at Donway tipped them off???
[right][snapback]181968[/snapback][/right]

actually, now that you mention it.. THey had a white Ford GT there, and apparently, the computer in the car limits the RPM to 4,000RPM until the car is driven 3 consecutive miles.

So think about it... might be a slow police chase at first, but if you can avoid roadblocks for 3 miles, THE CAR IS YOURS!!!
darkpuppet,Apr 19 2006, 01:38 AM Wrote:actually, now that you mention it.. THey had a white Ford GT there, and apparently, the computer in the car limits the RPM to 4,000RPM until the car is driven 3 consecutive miles.

So think about it... might be a slow police chase at first, but if you can avoid roadblocks for 3 miles, THE CAR IS YOURS!!!
[right][snapback]181969[/snapback][/right]

now is that to protect it from being stolen or to protect the engine from reving too high before it's warmed up?
or to stop a Ford worker from peeling the rubber off the car while leaving the final assembly line. I remember the good times in the Lightning.
meford4u,Apr 18 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:or to stop a Ford worker from peeling the rubber off the car while leaving the final assembly line.  I remember the good times in the Lightning.
[right][snapback]181984[/snapback][/right]

I've heard... :lol: and seeing them pull out after the line was just beautiful!

The cops are all over Hamilton lately too... hmm, nearing the end of the month/pay cheque time? :lol:
I agree, in Mississauga on Tues alone, I saw 3 in the same freaking intersection, two stopped at traffic lights, one about 4 cars behind me. Basically say 15 different cruisers in 'sauga since Thurs what gives? Maybe to intimidate those gun toting hooligans with illegal guns and police presence? I also heard word of a seatbelt blitz. Not to mention a radar speed trap on Royal Windsor area.
Yeah here in the east end of Scarborough they have been everywhere. Even just standing in the middle of the intersection at Markham and Lawernce checking for seatbelts. Is there a blitz right now???
well, I think I know what all the emergency vehicles were doing on Warden when I left the dealership lastnight...

car ran a red and got smoked by a bus.

but the rest of the cops.. yeah, they were in all over the place, and just in the middle of the intersections too. The cop at Eglinton and leslie had to shuffle his car back and forth to make room for the traffic as the various lights changed. Silly to say the least.
darkpuppet,Apr 18 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:actually, now that you mention it.. THey had a white Ford GT there, and apparently, the computer in the car limits the RPM to 4,000RPM until the car is driven 3 consecutive miles.

[right][snapback]181969[/snapback][/right]

'til they get a clue and lay down a spike strip in front of you. Then all you'd have is four flats... Unless the GT comes with runflats? :huh:

NefCanuck
so....the focus getting traded in soon?
Actually the reason why there is tonnes of cops out there is because they are doing a crack down on people that don't use seat belts. they are doing a province wide crack down on people that still don't get the message to buckel up some 30 years after they started that program....

it's $110.00 fine, plus two points for each person in the car not wearing one.
darkpuppet,Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:was at Donway Ford test driving a GT convertible (SCHAWEET!) this evening

Why torture yourself?
Frost__2001,Apr 19 2006, 09:10 PM Wrote:Actually the reason why there is tonnes of cops out there is because they are doing a crack down on people that don't use seat belts. they are doing a province wide crack down on people that still don't get the message to buckel up some 30 years after they started that program....

[right][snapback]182221[/snapback][/right]

if pasengers dont wear seatbelts, does this mean they loose two points for each passenger not wearing a belt too? what if someone doesnt have a drivers licence and he has no belt on, how do they take points away from him/her, or is it just the driver who takes hte heat?
bluetoy,Apr 19 2006, 11:08 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:was at Donway Ford test driving a GT convertible (SCHAWEET!) this evening

Why torture yourself?
[right][snapback]182243[/snapback][/right]
???
paolo,Apr 19 2006, 11:30 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Apr 19 2006, 09:10 PM Wrote:Actually the reason why there is tonnes of cops out there is because they are doing a crack down on people that don't use seat belts. they are doing a province wide crack down on people that still don't get the message to buckel up some 30 years after they started that program....

[right][snapback]182221[/snapback][/right]

if pasengers dont wear seatbelts, does this mean they loose two points for each passenger not wearing a belt too? what if someone doesnt have a drivers licence and he has no belt on, how do they take points away from him/her, or is it just the driver who takes hte heat?
[right][snapback]182248[/snapback][/right]

it's 2 points for the driver, and another point per person not wearing one also. remember the driver is responcible for the passengers so they will take the heat.
Frost__2001,Apr 20 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:
paolo,Apr 19 2006, 11:30 PM Wrote:if pasengers dont wear seatbelts, does this mean they loose two points for each passenger not wearing a belt too? what if someone doesnt have a drivers licence and he has no belt on, how do they take points away from him/her, or is it just the driver who takes hte heat?
[right][snapback]182248[/snapback][/right]

it's 2 points for the driver, and another point per person not wearing one also. remember the driver is responcible for the passengers so they will take the heat.
[right][snapback]182449[/snapback][/right]

I thought the driver only got nailed in the passengers were under 18? :blink: Yipes

NefCanuck
Actually I think it's anyone under 16 is the drivers' problem.
There is always tons of law enforcement around Pet. We have the MP's, OPP, RCMP, Pembroke Police, Deep River Police, etc... but this is EVERY day and night. I haven't had any of them jack me for anything yet...though I don't ever drive the speed limit around there. Drinking and driving is a BIG BIG deal up there though...
Actually, I was pulled over 2 nights ago with my buddy for doing 76 in a 50. Cop tells him that the cops need to "make and example out ou you guys", after he realized what he hd said he tried covering it up saying that they are pulling over any one with modified/strong engined vehicles.. bastards! <_<
Pages: 1 2