FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Becel Ride For Heart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, thought I better put this up before NOS gets all the good funding to himself :P

like, he, but unlike him, I'm participating on our company's corporate team for the Becel Ride for Heart. I will be pedalling my fat ass 50km in the name of the Heart and Stroke Foundation.

I figure if I'm going to die of a heart attack, it might as well be for the cause that might save me.

anyways, if you're interested in donating, please see the link at the bottom of my official fundraising spiel.

<official fundrasing spiel>
I am participating in this year's Becel Heart & Stroke Ride for Heart.

You can help me raise funds for the Heart and Stroke Foundation by sponsoring me online. Just click the link at the bottom of this e-mail to access my secure pledge page.

There’s a lot riding on this event. The Heart and Stroke Foundation is a leading funder of heart disease and stroke research in Canada. The majority of these funds come from people like you who understand the critical role research plays in finding the root causes of heart disease and stroke.

To make your pledge online, click the link below to access my secure pledge page. An electronic tax receipt will be sent to you immediately via email.

Thank you for your support.

https://ww2.heartandstroke.ca/Secure/Page.a...&RecordID=73798

Any donation over $10 will receive a tax receipt electronically. If you're too shy to donate online, I accept e-mail money transfers and paypal (just PM me).

it would be cool to raise money that isn't from my own wallet
See you on the course. I'll be riding my fat ass for Heart as well. I did it last year and it was an exilerating ride. Nice view of downtown from the elevated Gardiner expressway. There were some long (seemingly never ending) hills to climb at the top end of the DVP. Nevertheless, a pleasant ride back down the DVP.

All in all a fun ride and for a good cause too.
dBlast,Apr 18 2006, 02:31 PM Wrote:See you on the course.  I'll be riding my fat ass for Heart as well.  I did it last year and it was an exilerating ride.  Nice view of downtown from the elevated Gardiner expressway.  There were some long (seemingly never ending) hills to climb at the top end of the DVP.  Nevertheless, a pleasant ride back down the DVP.

All in all a fun ride and for a good cause too.
[right][snapback]181884[/snapback][/right]

yeah, one of the bonuses of being on a corporate team is that you get lined up near the front... I was tempted to sign up for the 75km portion, but figured it was just an extra loop to the bayview exit which is hardly exciting.

But you're right, the hills going up are quite long... but to be honest, I find the wind coming back down to be a real pain in the ass... can't get any real speed up. It looks like a 90kph downhill, but it's exasperating to hit 65.

Overall, it's a couple of fun hours out of my morning, and an afternoon outside.
update..

HOLY COW! Ken shows he doesn't pick sides by donating to both myself AND NOS.. thanks man!

I think I've easily beaten previous year's pledges after just one day!