FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fun Roads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some fun roads as near to the GTA as possible?

I've got quite a bit of free time on my hands recently (laid off), and it's nice and sunny out!

Only road I know is the Hockley Valley Rd, but I've known it all my life.

Good picture spots are nice too!
Anywhere near the Niagara Escarpment, lots and lots of twisty roads where I live! :D
Try the FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD off HWY 10 going north.

Towards Orangeville.
Great road!
I've always really enjoyed driving around the Niagara Escarpment south and west of Milton and then on into Campbellville.

There's Rattlesnake Point and also a Bison compound (forget the name off hand) in that area and some really hilly, twisty bits that give the driver something to think about while the passenger is checking out the scenery.
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:Try the FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD off HWY 10 going north.

Towards Orangeville.
Great road!
[right][snapback]181850[/snapback][/right]
Very true ... and you might find the drive even more rewarding if you take Mississauga Road or Creditview up through Bel Fountain.

And if you're into that kind of thing, afternoon tea at the Millcroft is veddy, veddy nice.

EDIT: these are also great rally routes -- I once participated in a Ferrari meet that ended up at the Millcroft Inn (Alton, just south of Orangeville) and it was nothing short of fantastic.

Might be something to consider for FC
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:Try the FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD off HWY 10 going north.

Towards Orangeville.
Great road!
oo I just looked that one up on Google Maps. That looks fun, looks like there's a hairpin in there too!

As for the escarpement ones, rather vague, I took a look though. Best road I could fine was the 3rd Sideroad, between Twiss and Nassagaweya 1st Line. But that's only perhaps a mile long. Link

I know that Google Maps is a bit deceiving on the way a road looks, the Hockley Valley road looks pretty damn straight and flat on GM.

Any ideas which roads?
I found Rattlesnake Point, it's at Appleby Line and Derr Rd (7)
Cedar Springs road in Burlington on the north side of Dundas (#5). Nice and twisty with ups and downs. Fantastic on the bike.

Lower Baseline in Oakville/Miss

Appleby Line in Burlington has a great corkscrew heading north near the end at the 401.

Snake Rd. in Burlington/Waterdown. We always head down there as part of our Two-Wheel-Tuesday ride.
Snake road looks fun

I saw the corkscrew on appleby line when looking for Rattlesnake points, looks good also.

Lower Baseline, Eglington turns into this street right?
up and around BLue Mountain there are some nice twisties. I have no idea the names or anything I was riding along with my buddy on his S2000 meet.... but I think they are all around that area really
Well if anyone in the Halton area can tell you the road out side of Acton called roller coaster road is one of the fun ones as you can get some air the way the road is, and speed limit is posted.

Not sure what the name of the road is, but follow Steels ave to the end and turn left when you reach the end of it, and head south, it is a winding road that really is fun to drive down.
Only road I can think of is Rouge Valley Rd. in the east end of Scarburough and it's only a kilometre, but you'll get a kick out of it, if only because of how twisted it is (and the narrow bridges are good for inducing heart attacks, esp. at night)

NefCanuck
Aka,Apr 18 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:Snake road looks fun

[right][snapback]181874[/snapback][/right]

MAJOR COPS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'LL GET A TICKET.
Guys, I hate to be the wet blanket...

But if you're going to "drive" FotC Road... please do it with care.

I lost an aunt to that road, at what had to be the most visible section in that area, more than 3 years ago now.

Just saying is all. I love twisty roads, but Forks of the Credit is almost "too" twisty to be driven at a fun speed and still be able to account / adjust for others.
I lost 4 good buddies from highschool on that road about 10 years ago.

Very dangerous.
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:Try the FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD off HWY 10 going north.

Towards Orangeville.
Great road!

Forks of the Credit is definitely the nicest driving roads with scenery that I have been on, bar none.

Can't wait till I can drive it in my new car, a Crossfire Roadster, not for everyone but it will be nice to have a convertible.
Tried out FotC today. OH man what a road I love it. You can have fun at just over the posted speed limit (like 60 km/h). And those hairpin curves... I had no idea they would be that tight! awesome!

That is definately a fun road, even at the speed limit. You could definately go faster in some areas, but it's almost all blind corners and hills.

Oh, I barely had the turning radius to take the one hairpin, I had to go wide.
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:
Aka,Apr 18 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:Snake road looks fun

[right][snapback]181874[/snapback][/right]

MAJOR COPS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'LL GET A TICKET.
[right][snapback]181900[/snapback][/right]

lumpy,Apr 18 2006, 06:59 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:Try the FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD off HWY 10 going north.

Towards Orangeville.
Great road!

Forks of the Credit is definitely the nicest driving roads with scenery that I have been on, bar none.

Can't wait till I can drive it in my new car, a Crossfire Roadster, not for everyone but it will be nice to have a convertible.
[right][snapback]181954[/snapback][/right]

Nice!.... you sold the focus?

its pretty short, but i love steeles ave. up in milton towards the end. close to Kelso..
CanadaSVT is correct about the Appleby One. There is also King Road which is pretty good.

The only problem with the Burlington roads is they have their peaks and good spots... but after that, its boring. They are just short ones.