FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Advance Trac Light Comes On...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An issue has arisen with my car since the gauge install (if it's not one thing, it's another, right?).. anyways, maybe someone can offer some advice..

I seem to have an issue where when I first start my car, all the dash brake warning lights come on... the advance trac light, the abs light and the parking brake light all turn on.

Now, they won't just go away, but if I turn off the car, restart it right away, the advance trac and parking brake light turns off... and the ABS light stays lit until I shift into 2nd gear while driving forward.

any ideas why it's doing this?
I wonder if I might be running a little low on fluid... would explain why the car is fine on the restart...
darkpuppet,Apr 17 2006, 08:05 PM Wrote:I wonder if I might be running a little low on fluid... [right][snapback]181729[/snapback][/right]

Good thinking Steve, everything seems better after a trip to the Beer Store ™!
2001 ZTS,Apr 17 2006, 10:53 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 17 2006, 08:05 PM Wrote:I wonder if I might be running a little low on fluid... [right][snapback]181729[/snapback][/right]

Good thinking Steve, everything seems better after a trip to the Beer Store ™!
[right][snapback]181741[/snapback][/right]

Yaaar-har-har... :P

whatever the problem was, it's not there.. I popped the cap to check that the fluid resevoir was as full as it looked, tightened it back up, started up the car....

no lights.

the easiest problems to fix are the ones that fix themselves...

Same thing as the CEL you throw when the gas cap isn't tightened all the way?

:huh:

Maybe the brake fluid resevoir got bumped whilst installing your new Super Happy Fun GoGo Gauge? :D
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 18 2006, 09:26 AM Wrote:Same thing as the CEL you throw when the gas cap isn't tightened all the way?

Maybe the brake fluid resevoir got bumped whilst installing your new Super Happy Fun GoGo Gauge? :D
[right][snapback]181806[/snapback][/right]

it's possible... now I can concentrate on watching the boost gauge dance...
darkpuppet,Apr 18 2006, 11:01 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 18 2006, 09:26 AM Wrote:Same thing as the CEL you throw when the gas cap isn't tightened all the way?

[right][snapback]181806[/snapback][/right]

it's possible... now I can concentrate on watching the boost gauge dance...
[right][snapback]181832[/snapback][/right]
You are so going to get in an accident.
meford4u,Apr 18 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:You are so going to get in an accident.
[right][snapback]181914[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure the last thing I'll see before my untimely demise will be how much vacuum I'm pulling and the a/f ratio heading into the wall.

it's so pimp it's gotta be rice.