FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lf: 2.3l Duratec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soooooo.... i have been thinking a lot about this over the past week.... i have had my heart set on a FS turbo set up... but.... i LOVE N/A soooooo much! with that said if the price is right i might end up tossing a 2.3l in the focus, make it a wanna be ST. Anyone know of anyone of happen to have a 2.3l sitting around??? doubtful but i thought i would try. I will also need the ECU to go along with it and likely a tranny as my third gear is a hurtin unit when i mash it into gear on the track.

PM me or email: James@cambridge.medichair.ca

Im willing to travel a bit for it and i have a truck to haul it in also. let me know
Jamie I found at Stardard auto wreckers they have 3 2.0L for $500 there so you can ask and see if they can find a 2.3L decent guys there too.
sweet, thanks. i wont be looking to buy for a month or two, but im more or less pricing out my options to see what im going to do. a 2.3l swap with new tranny, cammed with UDP, adj. cam gears, new clutch and fly wheel along with upgrading my brakes mite end up being my favourite as it would give me a well rounded car.

If theres any other wreckers i should check post em up. i tried logels here in KW as they are the biggest in the area as far as i know...
You won't find the ecu's at the wreckers. Good luck Ill keep my eye's open how about a mazdaspeed 3 swap with a emange standalone system.
haha... i sorta wish... but at the same time im thinking of stayin all motor now... WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!

Found out i wont need a new ECU, just gotta get a tune from FS which i get for like 25$ since i got my xcal from them :P

I read up on what all is required.... seems soooo simple. only have to shim up passenger side mount and change dipstick location aparently.

If i go ahead with this, i will do stage 3 crower cams w/ springs/retainers, Steeda UDP (CFM is junk), BSD, stage 2 clutch and flywheel and maybe a cossie IM.. MMMMM COSWORTH

back on topic... i need more sources for engines! i wanna spend no more then 1000 bucks on engine and tranny
found a motor at standard (thanks for the referal john) for 750$ with 53k on it and a 6 month warranty. first thing he said is that it comes up with a flag on the computer because ppl take out the balance shafts (LOL) so he said he would find one that was good haha.

Good price for sure... if it was less it would b even better mind u...
Try a search here car-part
GFXjamie,Aug 19 2009, 04:09 PM Wrote:found a motor at standard (thanks for the referal john) for 750$ with 53k on it and a 6 month warranty. first thing he said is that it comes up with a flag on the computer because ppl take out the balance shafts (LOL) so he said he would find one that was good haha.

Good price for sure... if it was less it would b even better mind u...
[right][snapback]292989[/snapback][/right]

That sounds like a good motor to have over the winter to build up.
ya thats what i was thinking... my budget for the turbo set up what going to be in the range of 5 grand, this cuts my costs almost in half with all the parts i would b buying then after that i will be able to do SVT rear brake conversion and re jig the fronts for some lapping fun and have a well rounded car.

I tried car parts.com and i found nothing as that is the search that comes up with every wreckers site as a parts search does it not?
SO if you go with a 2.3 are you staying n/a
atleast for another year :P
GFXjamie,Aug 20 2009, 12:26 PM Wrote:atleast for another year  :P
[right][snapback]293042[/snapback][/right]

Have you thought about doing a clutch/flywheel/lsd upgrade? I know that you like drag strip running, but with the turbo you'll probably wear through the stock clutch pretty fast.
GFXjamie,Aug 19 2009, 01:11 PM Wrote:sweet, thanks. i wont be looking to buy for a month or two, but im more or less pricing out my options to see what im going to do. a 2.3l swap with new tranny, cammed with UDP, adj. cam gears, new clutch and fly wheel along with upgrading my brakes mite end up being my favourite as it would give me a well rounded car.

If theres any other wreckers i should check post em up. i tried logels here in KW as they are the biggest in the area as far as i know...
[right][snapback]292982[/snapback][/right]

heres the answer ur looking for. im debating the LSD option tho

and that will be a exedy stage 1 or 2 clutch
i gots a tranny for you lol :D