FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stupid Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was driving today, and the power steering cut out, then the battery light came on, then the car started to overheat. I pull over and open the hood, what do i see when i open the hood, the assecory cable off and the alternator sitting in the engine bay not attached to anything!

so had it towed to a shop to get fixed on monday, anyone experience something like this?
Was your alternator detached or did you just lose your serpentine belt? Probably the tensioner.
yeah sounds like a serpentine belt gone. That or tenioner or some pulley just broke.
haha nope the alternator was sittin in the engine bay not attached to anything! i could see some holes in the alternator where bolts should be, but none were there, and yes the belt did come off.
brucktown,Apr 16 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:haha nope the alternator was sittin in the engine bay not attached to anything! i could see some holes in the alternator where bolts should be, but none were there, and yes the belt did come off.
[right][snapback]181403[/snapback][/right]
Do you have an aftermarket alternator?

Sounds like someone needs a torque wrench. Unless the bolts sheared. Can you see where it was supposed to attach in the engine bay?
OAC_Sparky,Apr 16 2006, 03:36 PM Wrote:
brucktown,Apr 16 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:haha nope the alternator was sittin in the engine bay not attached to anything! i could see some holes in the alternator where bolts should be, but none were there, and yes the belt did come off.
[right][snapback]181403[/snapback][/right]
Do you have an aftermarket alternator?

Sounds like someone needs a torque wrench. Unless the bolts sheared. Can you see where it was supposed to attach in the engine bay?
[right][snapback]181405[/snapback][/right]

i can see where bolts should be in the alternator, but not where it attaches too on the engine. It's not aftermarket
This is why it sorta pays to do your own maintenance sometimes, you get under there and can visually see ourself about how stuffs going on. Not to say that you would have noticed this but sometimes guys at the dealer and other places just don't look around like you may do when your waiting for your oil to finish draining out ;)