FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hertz Mustang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
holy crap!

maybe I won't buy out my car, and just rent one of these badboys.
Wonder if people will rent them and do part swaps in their driveways like 40 years ago too :P
I would!
Note to self:

Dear self, when "gently used" Hertz Mustang appears in AutoTrader at a price that seems too good to be true just remember that old saying: "it probably is too good to be true", flip the page and think of it no more.
Oh i'm sure they will do parts and motor swaps. When they came out with the Hertz GT 350 limited edition in 67 there was reports of motors being put into ameture race cars for the weekend. They lost about 80% of them to being written off in a year by young people renting them. So I'm sure the cops are going to love and hate these cars when they are easily rentable.
Given that most rental car companies won't even look at you to rent you car until you're 21 (or is that 25 these days?) I think there will be a lot less of the shenanigans going on than there was back when these bad boys originally appeared.

That plus they'll probably charge a nice premium to rent these things means that the only ones likely to rent 'em are the ones least likely to crash 'em (aging baby boomers who want to try and capture the nostalgia factor but want to keep their low insurance rates intact :P)

NefCanuck
I just emailed my Father who works at BUDGET in North Bay and the age is 18 if through insurance company and 21 on your own. You have to pay an extra fee for your age.
A mustang (stock) runs $120-150 per day plus insurance. They don't care what your age is they will rent to you if you had the money.

I told him to let me know if they ever get one in cause I want to try it out. (The original is my favorite Stang.)
A lady at work rented one of those through the company for a business trip to Montreal. When she got back to our work she let me "try it out". ;)

I must have left 2/32ths of rear tire tread in the parking lot.

I tell ya, there is no replacement for cubic inch HP.
I see a call to National in North Bay coming for the last week of April :D

Sadly, I don't think they have one here in North Bay (garden variety Mustang, let alone THAT).

Pssst... Oscar. Make it happen, man! :D
PIGEON1,Apr 12 2006, 09:57 AM Wrote:A mustang (stock) runs $120-150 per day plus insurance. [right][snapback]180687[/snapback][/right]

I'm not doubting your figure and it has been a while since I rented a car BUT THAT IS F'ING NUTS!
What? the price of renting a car? I think that would be pretty cheap to pound on a car like that for a day.
PIGEON1,Apr 12 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:A mustang (stock) runs $120-150 per day plus insurance. They don't care what your age is they will rent to you if you had the money.

[right][snapback]180687[/snapback][/right]

Nice car, but i wouldn't pay 120-150 per day to drive one. Thats just a lil bit riduculous.

Not a stock one but the Hertz Edition Mustang I would pay that for one day. Just to see how hard it would be to eat a set of tires off one :D
i am in LA right now. with a (sigh) automatic 350Z from hertz.. the rate is around 400usd for 1 week. hertz has some awesome stuff on the lot these days.. i've seen xlr cadillac, a8, xj and xk jag, escalades, c230 sport, s4 convertible etc usually i am in an avalon but i figure wtf why not
Actual pics from the auto show, along with a short blurb about it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...rticleId=109979

[Image: ford.shelby.gth.mustang.det.headlamp.500.jpg]
think next time I travel, I'll have to pick one up...