FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shorty Header Install...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm installing a shorty header pretty soon and I need to know if those studs needs to come off for the install? If yes, what side do they turn (to come off).
What's the size of wrench do I need for the EGR. My biggest wrench is 24mm and that sucker didn't fit, looks like 27mm to me.
Egr is a 27mm from what I recall
euro,Apr 10 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:Hi, I'm installing a shorty header pretty soon and I need to know if those studs needs to come off for the install? If yes, what side do they turn (to come off).
What's the size of wrench do I need for the EGR. My biggest wrench is 24mm and that sucker didn't fit, looks like 27mm to me.
[right][snapback]180215[/snapback][/right]

Righty tighty, lefty loosey?
Your gonna need new knuckes too :P
hardk0re,Apr 10 2006, 11:55 AM Wrote:Your gonna need new knuckes too :P
[right][snapback]180280[/snapback][/right]

yeah, get a good set of padded mech gloves. ;)
Flofocus,Apr 10 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Apr 10 2006, 11:55 AM Wrote:Your gonna need new knuckes too :P
[right][snapback]180280[/snapback][/right]

yeah, get a good set of padded mech gloves. ;)
[right][snapback]180286[/snapback][/right]

or a friend to handle that part of the install :)
nass,Apr 10 2006, 06:06 PM Wrote:or a friend to handle that part of the install :)
[right][snapback]180324[/snapback][/right]

I think thats the best option. Let other people do the hard work.
So those three studs needs to come off? I'll try to leave them on, if it doesn't clear I'll try to remove them. Putting it on this week-end, the header is ceramic coated and good for 1700 deg. far. It doesn't look great (dark grey) but it will work :P
On the car, but it was a pain is the ass!
i'm not sure about those studs...when I removed mine the first time the whole stud came out with the bolt so I just removed the whole thing, and put two header bolts in its place. I don't see any problem with this. It makes it a little easier to install with the studs but not much.

Crap, I think I killed the cat. Well it was in a bad state when I looked in it durring the header install. The cat "element" was cracked in two pieces, in my mind it was a gonner anyway but last night I was at full throttle and my check engine light came on. If I had a scan tool I could make sure that it is the cat, I'll visit my ford dealer for a quick scan.

I got a MIL on the way and a FC long tube header (from steeda) on the way. Besides my ceramic coat ain't that good, the heat under the hood is unreal. The header was coated with 1700deg far. black ceramic, the thing is chipping and looking grey at some spots. Oh well, live and learn, I should have got the long tube in the first place.