FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Obscure Songs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, not sure if this has been done before, but I figure that a lot of you would have the chance to listen to a lot more urban and hip-hop radio stations down there in southern ontario. I thought that if I could post bits of songs, that maybe someone here might have answers for me....I hate catching the 2nd half of the same song all the time, and not know who the heck it is...

1st one:

The song was done by a female that sounds kinda raspy and sqeaky...kinda like erykah badu, and uses beats kinda like Truth hurts and Christina Millian... The Chorus has something like "Just let me...let me...just let me" or something like that...with a sort of reggae beat behind it. I think its the same person who did that other song where at the end of the song she says "stop...stop....stop the music" in the same sqeaky voice...

2nd one:

It's a booty bass song, and can't remember who the heck did it...sounds like Luda is in it, and some of the sound effects from his song "child of the night" in the background with a drum machine sound and heavy bass...all I can remember about this one is that is sounds like they are saying "riii-i-i-i-iiii-iii-de" over and over again...I think someone will know what this song is, or who did it.

3rd one:

The hip-hop/rn'b song that they always used to play on BET when it was available here...had the sound of a harp or something with drums and other sound effects...very very cool track....

Ummm, plz help, and yeah, I know I'm on crack...lol
It's kinda tough to guess those songs with the clues you gave us, but I'm trying.. in the meantime check this out.

#DJ When you hear a song that you dont know, call #DJ from your Fido/Rogers/Sprint phone and it will text you back with the artist and song title..
I think the first one is free.
Drivesthebeast,Apr 9 2006, 06:30 PM Wrote:, and yeah, I know I'm on crack...lol
[right][snapback]180128[/snapback][/right]

That's half the battle.

I suggest you Google search: "really crappy music"
So, what the hell happened to your music taste from when we last met? LOL. Listen to Oasis... they will ease your mind.

I vote "Going Nowhere" by Oasis for you :)
Nothing has changed really...just sick of having songs stuck in my head...and not knowing who the heck does them...

In all honesty...I findmyself leaving the digital cable receiver on 333 a lot....that's the Jazz Cafe...getting hooked on modern contemporary stuff...lol

Still love everything else too...don't get me wrong...
The one song might be 3-six-mafia...cant remember the track name but they got a chorus that is like that...#1
Drivesthebeast,Apr 9 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:Nothing has changed really...just sick of having songs stuck in my head...and not knowing who the heck does them...

In all honesty...I findmyself leaving the digital cable receiver on 333 a lot....that's the Jazz Cafe...getting hooked on modern contemporary stuff...lol

Still love everything else too...don't get me wrong...
[right][snapback]180138[/snapback][/right]

lol, okay. Yeah, having songs stuck in your head can suck.
Honestly I have no idea about the songs above.

I hate rap music. I only like rock/alternative stuff.... ie OASIS :wub:
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 9 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:I hate rap music. I only like rock/alternative stuff.... ie OASIS  :wub:
[right][snapback]180141[/snapback][/right]

Also known as BritCrap & Eurotrash
Yeah, it is 3 six mafia...for the booty bass song...thx!
Drivesthebeast,Apr 9 2006, 08:34 PM Wrote:Yeah, it is 3 six mafia...for the booty bass song...thx!
[right][snapback]180149[/snapback][/right]

no way!!

cool...I rule~
Gotta admit that Lyla is a great new little tune from Oasis...well, that's the newest one I've heard from them...

And yeah, for the moment you do rule, and I feel less like a F***tard.... :P
LYLA is a wonderful song, but one of their not so wonderful songs throughout their years.
[Image: product-starmate-1.gif]

Get satallite radio. It will give the artist and title of every song that's being played.
Rock/alternative all the way... but Oasis... meh... never got into them... or cold play... any band who's main forte is rock balads (at least on the radio), doesn't count as "rock" or "alternative". -- maybe "banal".

I'd be up for more rap if it weren't a culture of yo-homie posing. I can front on my own, thank you very much.

SangriaRedZX5,Apr 10 2006, 12:08 AM Wrote:I hate rap music. I only like rock/alternative stuff.... ie OASIS  :wub:

Oasis is one of the worst brit rock bands that i've ever heard. they are the definition of pretentious rockers if i've ever seen one.
*Stands in a corner as the only Country fan*

*Adjusts belt buckle*

Admittedly, I listen to rock and alternative at work all day....
FocusGuy7476,Apr 9 2006, 10:11 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Apr 10 2006, 12:08 AM Wrote:I hate rap music. I only like rock/alternative stuff.... ie OASIS  :wub:

Oasis is one of the worst brit rock bands that i've ever heard. they are the definition of pretentious rockers if i've ever seen one.
[right][snapback]180179[/snapback][/right]

Okay, thats nice. Your opinion! But just look up how many albums they have sold, and if they have ever been number one on any of their albums... cause last time I checked, they were doing pretty fookin' good there, mate.
Calling it rock is downright insulting. That's like saying Dashboard Confessional is worth listening to. When we went to the ACC for U2 last fall, we did everything humanly possible aside from leaving the venue to escape their caterwauling. And not surprisingly, they sounded part Coldplay and part Oasis.
Maybe I'm getting old, but Rock/Alternative and radio stations named, "The Edge", just don't seem to get Rock and/or Alternative.

I mean, they make fun of bands like Sum 41, Nickelback, etc.. but then laud Death Cab for Cutie, Coldplay, Switchback, etc... and let me tell ya, I found out the hard way, that the only 'fast' song on the switchback album was the one they played on the radio...

I thoroughly enjoy bands like Gorillaz, White Stripes, etc.. but I can't stand the 'Big' bands like Coldplay, Oasis, Arcade Fire (oh, god I HATE arcade fire)...
Coldplay was better BEFORE the office "rock" stations found them. Jack Johnson too. I enjoyed him much more when I was buing his albums on an indie label. Now he's just top 40 crap.

The radio is dead to me. Has been for years.
Pages: 1 2