FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Car Has Cruise Seizures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heavily modded.
I guess telling them the fuel pump isn't modded wouldn't help eh?
hardk0re,Apr 10 2006, 11:56 AM Wrote:I guess telling them the fuel pump isn't modded wouldn't help eh?
[right][snapback]180282[/snapback][/right]

Your SC shouldnt affect a fuel pump recall.

If it was warranty work, then yeah, you would get that denied, but because this is a safety/drivability issue with or without a SC, they should change it.

I know the new fuel pump made a world of difference in drivability with my car.
I've disabled EGR and removed it, no remedy for the problem. I've got a task list of stuff i'm gonna fix sometime this weekend as long as I get 1 day to work on this thing and get all this crud fixed. I am really aiming for a shotgun approach here and that i'll hit the problem somewhere in here...at ths point I don't care what the problem is...as long as its gone...

To Help The Problem:
- Remove remaining EGR sensors since its dissabled anyway
- Replace 1st O2 Sensor
- Replace Bosch Bypass Valve
- Replace throttle body gasket
- Do Engine Ground Mod
- Change Plugs Again
- Fix Exhaust Leaks
- Do Compression Test (grasping at straws)

Parts Needed:
O2 Sensor
Throttle Body Gasket
New Plugs
Exhaust Gaskets
Bosh Bypass Valve
Zip Ties
4 AWG Wire (few feet)
For Sale Sign

Now that your just part changing to attempt to remedy the solution, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to take it to a shop and get them to work out the problem.
The new part cost here is actually pretty low with the exception of the o2 sensor. I've been down this road before, ford will happily change something at a cost, if it doesn't work blame some aftermarket part or happly change another part for a cost. I could easily spend over $500 at the dealer and not have the issue resolved. If I do all this myself then take it in, I can easily say done it to 90% of what they got to say, and it only cost me a faction of the cost.

The car isn't throwing ANY codes which makes it tough....
That's weird man. Never heard of that level of grief and having the ECU NOT throw a code. Hell, I threw a code running out to your place this winter past just doing 160 :D
i've got a spare set of the colder motorcraft plugs incase you can't get your hands on a set
Well, I spent one day fixing up some loose ends, fixed all my exhaust leaks, coolant leaks.

One thing I did add was the ground wire upgrades and power wire upgrades, that seemed to reduce the problem a little, its more or less now what could be compressor surge which is totally acceptable.

Anyway for those that have any problems, this upgrade is only maybe 10-20 dollars, definetly worth the trouble.

The car runs like a champ...for now.
Pages: 1 2