FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Rims And Fog Light Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, here are my new rims. Last week I mounted some 3" HID fogs too...let me know what you think, thanks.

Focus

Fogs

Side view

Fogs2
I think the FOGs might be a lil bit too close to each other. Did you check the law before mounting them? The last thing you want is to get pulled over bc of some ass cop

"Generally, fog lights do not have much of a horizontal spread. The beam is aimed directly in front of the vehicle with little of the roadway shoulder illuminated. Mounting fog lights close together in the center of the bumper exaggerates this lack of roadside vision. If a common driving peril includes suicide-prone wildlife darting from the shoulder out in front of your vehicle, you may want to take that into consideration and position the fog lights farther apart and close to underneath the stock headlamps." this is off of some site when i did a google search

THe rims look really nice
not a fan of the fogs, but the wheeld are sweet, what you pay for those
Thumbs up for the wheels,

Thumbs down for the fogs. Why didn't you stick with oem?
Not crazy about the fogs, but the rims look good.
I still have the stock fogs, I think I might apply some yellow film to them...or just put them back in with the silverstars (which are awsome for the fogs) The bracket for the fogs are only tacked into place, so moving them won't be a problem. I always had the idea of mounting some fogs in behind the lower grill, almost hidden, and only seen if actually looking. Kinda like an older style.

As for the rims...love'em. I got them off Malby7 (Mike) for 700 bucks...sweet!!!
that Ford logo right infront of your tire is cool!
I like the rims, nice paint color too!

The fogs are nice but, the location and spacing needs to be changed...also, with the location ...dont put em behind the grille..please!

not big on stickers and such on cars but the subtle ford emblem on the bumper is classy!

nice job, keep up the good work
I had the same sticker on my first focus, in the pic it actually stands out alot more. When standing by the car you can't even notice it unless you look directly at it, plus it matches the rims perfectly.

So I can see nobody likes my fogs...I guess it was worth a try. I knew they were kinda close but I didn't want to start cutting plastic untill I was sure where I wanted them. The spacing and location is roughly the same area in which the fogs on the old mustangs and shelby's are, thought I could run with it. Maybe not.

I'm getting my new cat-back installed monday morning along with the lip spoiler as well, I'm curious how the fogs will look with the spoiler, so they'll stay for now.
residentdud,Apr 8 2006, 04:35 PM Wrote:I had the same sticker on my first focus, in the pic it actually stands out alot more. When standing by the car you can't even notice it unless you look directly at it, plus it matches the rims perfectly.

So I can see nobody likes my fogs...I guess it was worth a try. I knew they were kinda close but I didn't want to start cutting plastic untill I was sure where I wanted them. The spacing and location is roughly the same area in which the fogs on the old mustangs and shelby's are, thought I could run with it. Maybe not.
I'm getting my new cat-back installed monday morning along with the lip spoiler as well, I'm curious how the fogs will look with the spoiler, so they'll stay for now.
[right][snapback]179901[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna ask that...it made me think of a mustang i saw just the other day ...an 05' but it had this modded stainless kit,,,top and bottom with the fogs like that!
Well I'm just going to be a 100% positive poster and say... job well done! :)
Those wheels are absolutely gorgeous!!!

They look better on your car. :D
Thanks Ashly...thanks to you too Mike, those rims ARE crazy, getting alot of compliments, especially on the colour. As for the ride height...I think I'll keep the gap...maybe...? :unsure:
No problem! Car looks good. Keep it up!
like the look of the fogs....

just not behind the grille. Get some mesh, paint it black, cut the holes for the fogs out and keep them flush

if you want the "hidden" look then try some window tint or cling tint on the fogs

SVT drop would probably look good too :D

You need:

[Image: topheader.jpg]

http://www.rallyinnovations.com/frames.htm

The site does not currently work well, bad links, may be just me?
Damn, the rims looks really nice! Nice on malby's, but I agree... even nicer on yours. The fogs don't look that bad, just that the gaps where the oem fogs were, ruins the look... if you mount your aftermarket fogs behind an aftermarket lower grill, it should look way better!
I have the SVT suspension already, what I'm going to do is buy a beefy tire like a 215 45 or 50. On now are 205 45's. The rubber is pooched anyways ( 1 mil from wear bars) so we'll see how it goes. I might film the fogs yellow, then put'em back, see how that works...

[Image: DSC01225.jpg]
2001 ZTS,Apr 8 2006, 07:09 PM Wrote:You need:

[right][snapback]179946[/snapback][/right]

Those are nice I'd like to get one for my car, but they don't list the skid gaurd for the focus anymore.

Oh and the site works for me.
habmann,Apr 8 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Apr 8 2006, 07:09 PM Wrote:You need:

[right][snapback]179946[/snapback][/right]

Those are nice I'd like to get one for my car, but they don't list the skid gaurd for the focus anymore.

Oh and the site works for me.
[right][snapback]180015[/snapback][/right]

If you go to "Products" -----> "light bars", below the Subes you will see "click here for other applications", that is what I couldn't open.
Pages: 1 2