FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Black Friday........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I just found out that 12 guys from my old shop got the axe today. The only ones who remain are the kiss asses. Big Surprise!! So that brings the number of lay-offs to 16. Yup, 5 on the mould making side, and 5 CNC Machinists. Definitly not what I expected. I went in there yesterday, and heard from one of the girls that work in the front office that more lay-offs were coming, just not sure when. I let all the guys know what I found out, and some were shocked by it. I go there today, and a few of my buddies come up to me and tell me the bad news. WOW, thats all I can say. They kept the lowest paid guys, and a few leaders, and thats it.

On a brighter note, I got a temp job in the same trade, s***ty part about it is that its only for a few weeks. Good part about it is that I get paid $22/hour, and all the hours I want, with weekends too. So even if I only work for 3 weeks I will make at least 3g'sss. Make Dave very happy.
EI EI Oh
good to hear you found some work, even though temp.

what shop were you working at? and which one is the temp?
I was at Impact Tool, now I'm at REKO Tool(plant 9) the repair shop
laidman,Apr 8 2006, 02:45 PM Wrote:I was at Impact Tool, now I'm at REKO Tool(plant 9) the repair shop
[right][snapback]179882[/snapback][/right]
My step-father worked for Reko, when he was on layoff from GM.

He thought it was OK.

02ztsian

FocusGuy7476,Apr 7 2006, 09:13 PM Wrote:EI EI Oh
[right][snapback]179755[/snapback][/right]
Q. How do they pronounce E.I. Newfoundland?
A. WOO WEE.
02ztsian,Apr 9 2006, 10:47 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Apr 7 2006, 09:13 PM Wrote:EI EI Oh
[right][snapback]179755[/snapback][/right]
Q. How do they pronounce E.I. Newfoundland?
A. WOO WEE.
[right][snapback]180089[/snapback][/right]
:lol: