FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Test And Tune - Aug 14th - 7pm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious if anyone else is heading up to Cayuga tonight. I think I'll get the Focus out on the strip for the first time. Should be interesting on the stock P6's!

Any predictions for my times?

-George
16's-17's
If you beat my 14.4, I'll buy you a beer. :D
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 14 2009, 03:54 PM Wrote:If you beat my 14.4, I'll buy you a beer. :D
[right][snapback]292734[/snapback][/right]

Does it have to be in the Focus? :P
NikiterZTS,Aug 14 2009, 03:28 PM Wrote:16's-17's
[right][snapback]292733[/snapback][/right]

X2, maybe low 16s
If you have Traction you might be able to get 16 flat but other than that you should be looking at 17's with the heat right now. Good luck.
Well I was a little disappointed, both in my driving and the car. Granted it was still pretty hot and very muggy, so the car wasn't happy and the track was quite slippy.

The night started out as a total clusterf**k, no organization at all. I was there in line for two hours before I got a run in but things got a little better near the end so I got a total of four runs in.

I've discovered I can't drive the focus, haha. I had never realized just how much it can bog off the line, between that and the slippy track I just couldn't get going. 60' times ranged from 2.666 to 3.080 (horrible!!). On top of that, apparently I can't shift to 3rd in a hurry .... on two of the runs I got stuck on the gate into 3rd gear and had to make a second attempt at it, haha.

So with odd traction issues, my inability to drive, and the weather I ranged from 18.034 to 17.828 and trapped from 78.5mph to 81.4mph. From the way the car was feeling, with a bit more practice (and figuring out the best way to launch this thing), I think I can do 17 flat in it but I don't think it can do much better then that.

It's funny how the "butt dyno" works. I've only been to the track a few times before and the last time was in my Scirocco three years ago, I was putting down 16.3 and trapping around 84mph with mid 2.2 60' times (on all seasons with traction issues). When I first got the focus it was obvious that it was slower but over time I started to think that the focus could make up for it in top end as my rocco was a low-end torque machine and just had nothing over 100kph. I guess I was wrong. :)

I think I'll be heading back up to the track for a Wednesday test and tune sometime over the next few weeks. I need to prove to myself now that I can do better then that.

-George

I think I need to repost Iversons practise video lol

George wanna let me try your focus? I'm pretty good at shifting.
Let me know when you're gonna go again.
Scourge,Aug 15 2009, 09:30 AM Wrote:Well I was a little disappointed, both in my driving and the car.  Granted it was still pretty hot and very muggy, so the car wasn't happy and the track was quite slippy.

The night started out as a total clusterf**k, no organization at all.  I was there in line for two hours before I got a run in but things got a little better near the end so I got a total of four runs in. 

I've discovered I can't drive the focus, haha.  I had never realized just how much it can bog off the line, between that and the slippy track I just couldn't get going.  60' times ranged from 2.666 to 3.080 (horrible!!).  On top of that, apparently I can't shift to 3rd in a hurry .... on two of the runs I got stuck on the gate into 3rd gear and had to make a second attempt at it, haha. 

So with odd traction issues, my inability to drive, and the weather I ranged from 18.034 to 17.828 and trapped from 78.5mph to 81.4mph.  From the way the car was feeling, with a bit more practice (and figuring out the best way to launch this thing), I think I can do 17 flat in it but I don't think it can do much better then that.

It's funny how the "butt dyno" works.  I've only been to the track a few times before and the last time was in my Scirocco three years ago, I was putting down 16.3 and trapping around 84mph with mid 2.2 60' times (on all seasons with traction issues).  When I first got the focus it was obvious that it was slower but over time I started to think that the focus could make up for it in top end as my rocco was a low-end torque machine and just had nothing over 100kph.  I guess I was wrong.  :)

I think I'll be heading back up to the track for a Wednesday test and tune sometime over the next few weeks.  I need to prove to myself now that I can do better then that.

-George
[right][snapback]292756[/snapback][/right]

Let me know when your going next. I migh tag with you now that my engine mount and exhaust is better.
i might come too, i wanna test out my new 67mm TB when it comes in on monday :lol:
I'm thinking I might head up Wednesday the 26th, I've got another friend who will be up there that day. I think it runs 6pm-10pm if I'm not mistaken.

Nik - Possibly, we'll have to see.

-George
honestly, you should have hit WAY better times then you did. when my car was stock except a home made intake and a full stereo, i hit a 17.2 @ 78 mph with hancook allseasons. I then upgraded to a K&N SRI and a catback and hit a 16.3, then rear mount and tune for a 15.8 finally header and slicks for the 15.1 last year. wont take you much to better your times, just need more seat time on the strip and you'll get there. weather doesnt matter all that much on a near stock car but it will screw you about 0.1 if its humid and hot. Good luck and also, i need to go this comming week B4 cscs to test out my suspension and other things so let me know if you interested, im thinking thursday night if that is still on at cayuga.
ohhh Jamie's running at CSCS thats what I like to hear Ill be there spectating. Maybe you can get ur car into the 14's. How r the slicks holding up?
I'll most likely be around the CSCS event on Sunday. I've got some Scirocco freinds coming in for some lapping.

Jamie: Keep in mind, I've still got the P6's on ... worst tires I've ever had, can't wait for them to die. I'll get better times, I'm sure. Just have to get used to driving the Focus fast, I'm still used to a car with wicked crazy response on the drag strip.

-George
dude... i live for CSCS lol i did bracket at last event... got taken out in 3rd round by that red drag neon lol all cuz i ran my car TOO fast ?! lol

Im worried about back pressure right now... my car ran better with a highflow cat and crush bent piping then with the FS exhaust.... ??? so in reinstalling just hi flo cat and see what i can do. i really want 14's but i cant seem to do it... best this year was a 15.3 on slicks. Slicks are holding up really well too. Doesnt help that both rear shocks were blown, but now ive got KYB AGX up in thur... shud have a solid launch now and kill some sick times. O BTW my car is faster then a 2g stock DSM :lol: and a 1g to but who really cares about those...

Also, p6's dont matter. your tires wont make all that much of a difference unless your on a DR or slick. I did a 15.3 on hancook optimos that are WORST then the p6's im sure lol just gotta learn the car a little more, maybe get the drag launch mode on ur tune. it really helps with lower RPM launches. Cant use it now cause i gotta launch at like 6k with my slicks LOL only goes as high as 4k on the FS tune
Jamie let me drive ur car i'll get in into the 14's lol
ZX3_2NV,Aug 19 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:Jamie let me drive ur car i'll get in into the 14's lol
[right][snapback]292966[/snapback][/right]

i'll get it into high 12's going in reverse with E-brake on and me trying to stop it with my foot dragging out of the car
HAHAHAHA jokes...

and drew, ive pretty well figured the car out, being to the track almost every weekend last year and a good handful this year, just got some stuff to mess around with and re learn launch with real suspension haha.

I wanna do a 2.3l swap.... im kinding thinking screw fs turbo lol
How about a 2.0 Crazy Zetec swap lol