FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Mitch,

Im looking for a functional hood. What can you get me?
i got a stock one kicking around, i also have those CF hoods like on my car....

what do you mean by "functional"?
you're not talking about venting are you?
there is very little function to a vented hood other than getting water where it shouldn't be...

???
ZX3TUNING,Apr 7 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:i got a stock one kicking around, i also have those CF hoods like on my car....

what do you mean by "functional"?
you're not talking about venting are you?
there is very little function to a vented hood other than getting water where it shouldn't be...

???
[right][snapback]179668[/snapback][/right]

How much a stock one?
i dunno, it is the stock hood i took off my car when i put on the CF hood...never looked into the pricing.

basic weave non-kevlar CF hoods start at $750cnd
Carbon fibre disapates heat fast enough not to require venting.
Got a pic or a website for the CF Hood.
the hoods i sell are made by Gemini Composites, a Local shop to me based out of Surrey BC. they do unbelieveable work and i firmly believe they make the best hood for the focus, period.
check it out here: http://www.geminicomposites.com/products/f...fiber_hood.html

the "v" weave hood pictured is the actual hood that is on my car now. all of my prices are $100cnd less than buying direct from Gemini but the shipping costs the same. each hood gets a custom built box to ensure there is no damage during shipping unless the shipping guys drive over it or thru it with a forklift.

these hoods weigh next to nothing, the hood on my car weighed in at just over 9lbs iirc compared to the 30+ of my stock hood.
the hood will not yellow or fade like other hoods and as long as you wax the hood with a nice UV protectant wax atleast once a year will look amazing forever!

i drove to LA a few years back at the end of may, outside temps at that time were 90'F and the hood was always cool to the touch even after driving for 4hours between gas-stops.
How much for one of those gemini hoods shipped to mississauga ont?.

Sorry no hijack.
not a hijack, good question actually!

i quote a standardized price of $170cnd for original purchase. if it works out to be less then i refund the excess.
you might ask why in the hell would it cost $170...
well, if you have ever seen or heard the horror stories with shipping carbon hoods, chances are they mention bad packaging as a major problem. each hood gets a custom made box, wood braces are used to stop damage at the ends/corners, they are padded very very well and is insured for more than the value of the hood. unlike some places, we do not wrap out hoods in some thin foam and cardboard and toss them into a truck....
Are these hoods in stock? Just smacked up my focus today and the hood might need replacing.......
lol, actually there is such a shortage for CF and such materials that apparently it's super expensive to get it into Canada in raw form. because of this Gemini has shut down the entire automotive side of the business. nobody will pay the higher prices becuase of the shortage....

sorry guys.
Can you bring in any other hoods (other than a stocker)?
Hmmm, guess not.... <_<
i never really looked into other sources because of the Gemini hoods...
FC used to have hoods i could get but they were just junk compared to the gemini stuff and i didn't want to sell the FC hoods.

I haven't looked into the F2 hoods yet, but i have to call them on monday for an order so i can check if you like...