FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Sport's Turbo Duratec Project Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the dyno chart says it all...
[Image: fsturbo_duratec_350.jpg]

on 91 octane.. I sooo want one...
Wow :blink: I wonder how close they could get to those numbers with the 2.0L Duratec?

NefCanuck
:D :D God, that is simply awsome.
Thats awesome. Makes me wish I had the 2.3 Duratec instead of the Zetec.
habmann,Apr 6 2006, 10:17 AM Wrote:Thats awesome. Makes me wish I had the 2.3 Duratec instead of the Zetec.
[right][snapback]179393[/snapback][/right]

well, considering that this engine is running low compression hardware, I think you could do the same with the zetec, but you'd be introducing a little bit more turbo lag.

I wish I had the money for a built motor...

darkpuppet,Apr 6 2006, 10:21 AM Wrote:I wish I had the money for a built motor...
[right][snapback]179395[/snapback][/right]

Cosworth rods are on sale from FS for $499USD
Cosworth pistons are $749....yikes.

Cant wait for that garage and storing the fofo next winter. :D :D
So that's what a 12-15K worth of mods and time, that's not really that impressive.

When you build a bullet proof motor and tune it correctly it should make big power, but that's just far too much money for only 350 HP.
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 6 2006, 10:40 AM Wrote:So that's what a 12-15K worth of mods and time, that's not really that impressive.

When you build a bullet proof motor and tune it correctly it should make big power, but that's just far too much money for only 350 HP.
[right][snapback]179404[/snapback][/right]

no kidding...

there comes a point tho, where I'd say, "if I had the money to blow, a 350HP focus would be hella fun".

Of course i would already have a G35 and Saturn Sky at that point.
darkpuppet,Apr 6 2006, 10:23 AM Wrote:"if I had the money to blow, a 350HP focus would be hella fun".

Yeah but then all you would have to do is spend 5G with Tom to get more than that power.
Impressive HP #. But I don't have much interest in a 350HP FWD car.
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 6 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 6 2006, 10:23 AM Wrote:"if I had the money to blow, a 350HP focus would be hella fun".

Yeah but then all you would have to do is spend 5G with Tom to get more than that power.
[right][snapback]179414[/snapback][/right]

but then it wouldn't be 91 pump gas.
That is a sweet amount of HP...putting it up in the realm of the SRT and WRX and whatnot, and in a lighter vehicle than either of them to boot...sweetness...

I'd do that to a Wagon, but only if it was for less dough...
Beings thats the same motor in the Fusion, I wonder if anyone will try to install that kit in it. THose are some pretty swweet numbers.
laidman,Apr 6 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Beings thats the same motor in the Fusion, I wonder if anyone will try to install that kit in it.  THose are some pretty swweet numbers.
[right][snapback]179437[/snapback][/right]

Imagine if someone made a kit for the 3.0L. :blink:
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 6 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:
laidman,Apr 6 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Beings thats the same motor in the Fusion, I wonder if anyone will try to install that kit in it.  THose are some pretty swweet numbers.
[right][snapback]179437[/snapback][/right]

Imagine if someone made a kit for the 3.0L. :blink:
[right][snapback]179440[/snapback][/right]
i can only dream.
must change pants :o
Apparently it's next to impossible to put anything in the engine bay of a Fusion...well, the 3.0L anyways...I've looked, and I agree, you'd be hard-pressed to even fit a CAI in there.

Waiting to see if the Fusion ST or SVT comes out in the next 18 months...3.5L with 250-275hp on tap....nice...

Still think the HP figures on that FS Foci is sweet azz
man I'm just mad that the 2.3l motor wasn't an option when I picked up my car. Only the sedan had that option for the 2.3 duratec
hopefully it will produce some good tracks times and not just be a dyno queen.

not only to mention its not that impressive since there are 2.0L focus motors producing that same power.
Quote:Imagine if someone made a kit for the 3.0L.  :blink:
[right][snapback]179440[/snapback][/right]

Go call up Noble and get a engine from them :D They use duratec's 3.0L in their cars
Pages: 1 2