FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Civic On Ebay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guy is form ottawa, kenny williams

His reserve is met, I cant beleive hes getting this much for the car :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...4628409612
It looks to be well done. I'd be afraid, personally, of owning it just for the fact I know I can't do the hands-on that the car would require for repairs.

A properly-done Civic that moves with decent looks. Whodathunkit?
I wouldn't pay that. Its a nice car, don't get me wrong but i've seen nicer for about the same amount on ebay.
Like I said in another post, civics suck.
And, I don't think it looks nice.
Go out and take a cruise... you'll see the same thing.
this isnt your average civic. 400+ whp....11 sedonds 1/4...

Still though 20K canadian....good for him...but wow. :blink:
Well, I wasn't talking about speed... just the way it looks :D
i think that car is super hot...if i could have a dream civic it would look pretty close to that...

but to but "civic" and "dream" together...seems out of place.
That ride is so nice. He's on Honda-Tech and man oh man. The $$$ put into that car is just unreal.
Worth the 20,000... yep. 100%
Youre buying a super stable every day driver 11 second car.
Not to mention this guy didnt cut corners and that car was done properly...
Whoever buys it will be happy.

My friends 1992 with 500+whp sold here for 12,000 ... a steal and a half! First ever run at the track it ran 11.8 .. ahha ..
only took him 3 engines to figure it out.

Better be built right. :rolleyes: :lol:
This is not a steal not a great buy at $20k for a 1992 car. Doesn't matter if it's a Honda or a Ford. who pays $20k for a car that is over 20 years old and has probably been put throught the wringer with the amount of torque and hp that engine puts out.
You guys really think Honda engineered that car and everything that goes into that car to withstand 400+hp?
Not a chance.
So be a little smart here and quit chasing stupid thoughts of a "dream" car.
Let the dream car be one that is lightly modded with maybe a small turbo or SC.
When you go to the extreme that this car is, you might as well step outside and through your money to the wind.
A car is never a good investment. Period.

And a 1992 Honda is not worth $20,000 anyday.
Im with SangriaRedZX5 on this..I don't like how it looks...The power is killer! But it's the look of the car that turn my head away. Wouldn't mind having it...though.
Think about how much money is sunk into your car or some of the cars on this site... Hell even my yellow one I sunk in a s***load of money.. way more then I ever should have. Jays car... Simons ... s*** were looking at 30k+ focus's once everything is said and done.

None of it is "worth it" for the price your going to spend doing up a car like a focus to get to the stage this things at, or any other 'new car' to justify your 20 year thing... Ps though its only 14 years old and was restored.. Probably has a less rusty frame then half the focus's on here.. ha ha ha ...

Your logic doesnt make any sense anyways. LOTS of people pay over $20K for old cars... much older then 1992's... Age has nothing to do with anything.

What did you pay for your car from BC? Im going to guess it wasnt that far off this 20g price.... if not more....

Compare the 2....At the end of the day Id rather have an 11sec mint civic in my driveway. ;)

Im not saying "GREAT DEAL EVERYONE GO BUY A 20,000 CIVIC" .. no no... I just trying to look at it from both sides. We do waste ALOT of money on this site on our cars and forget how much sometimes it adds upto or the time and effort we put into them.

Thats a flawless car for someone who has the money for a Toy but doesnt want to mod a car piece by piece. People spend 20k on boats.. more on cars they drive like 2 times a year... etc etc.. Hence why I said its a steal for them.

My 2 cents.

For a weekend track car... this is a perfect investment for some 25-35 year old car enthusiast...
For a weekend track car...........

And that's all this is.

And For the record we paid 16,800 for the Focus. Canadian. Shipped. With the SC.

And it's a 2000. Not a 1992.

If you could drive that car everyday, and you probably could try, but it would cost you $$$$$$ a week, who wants to spend that kind of money on a car?

My reasoning is not flawed.

It's the old saying of KISS

Keep it simple stupid.

This car just spells moneypit.
it would be fun and make alot of muscle cars look silly
Can you explain moneypit? Would it differ from any other turbo car out there or are you just hating on this one? Lets say... Flo' focus? I dont think so at all... infact parts are cheaper for the civic then the focus if ever needed. A non-factory turbo'd car is the same cross platform when it comes to any sort of risk of money involved.

Lets put it this way.

My friends civic that made 500+whp was his daily driver. He put in 93 octane. Below 4500 it drove like a normal car. My other friends civic makes 385whp.. again daily driver.. Another friend... 360whp... daily driver... They all have put a lot of KM on their engines the last year..

Civics are very very streetable daily drivers if done right. Once you get a proper tune and you dont f/ck with it.. they are incredibly stable engines that take very well to mods.

Most people hate on civics for various reasons that all make no sense. Cost/mods ... Cost/speed... Cost/stability.... Civics AND ESPECIALLY the 1992-1995 (same chasis as the integra type R) are the best and smartest bang for the buck out there with the older mustangs (if you only want to go in a straight line).

Sure this one is not a simple car, going back to your KISS thing... But from my standpoint given above.. its the smarter car based on where else one could be spending their money.

Again coming from a non-bias perspective having owned both cars...
It is not about hating Honda or the civic.

It is about pure economics.

The $$$$$$$$ for that car doesn't make sense.

And I don't think this car would be trouble free for long. It will end up costing the purchaser huge $$$$$$ to fix the car. Maybe not as much as the Focus, but it really cannot be classed as a daily driver.

Hell, Aaron's Focus isn't a daily driver. It isn't driven in the winter.

And how does this differ from Flo's car?

Flo didn't blow 3 engines and has his car well under control in terms of overall cost and affordability.

He could drive the car in the winter if he wanted or needed to.

This, I don't think so.

It has nothing to do with the fact I support the company i work for. It has everything to do with the fact that this car would cost alot of money to fix and keep running well if you drove it everyday.
Any modded car you buy will cost money to maintain/fix... as with any car. Sure, anything beyond stock is going to put more stress on the car requiring more maintenance and more money... but that applies to EVERY car.

The civics are dirt cheap to mod, and they respond really well. However, they retain a lot more of their residual value, so yeah, people can and will get more money for a used civic than any used ford. Regardless of mods.

A buddy of mine bought a '92 civic for $4,000... absolutely mint condition, and that is considered a steal. You can get a mint condition 2000 focus for that amount of money.

what's the better buy really? in 10 years time, I'm pretty sure my buddy will be able to sell his civic for more than my focus will be worth (it's worth a whopping $10,000 only 4 years into it's life).

Now a focus just plain ol' starts cheaper. Throw on basic mods, and yes, you'd have a cheaper car than a civic that started with a higher residual, with way more money in mods.

If you do the right mods, the car can be driven just fine every day. This civic is just that... it's probably got nothing until that monster turbo spools and vtec hits... there's no strain on the engine until you hammer on it.

And if you hammer your 500WHP daily driver every day, you're going to be in the ditch long before you throw a piston.
that is a nice looking civic, if i ever built a civic it would look something like that.
i wonder what kinda numbers it makes on pump gas ... not c16
Pages: 1 2