FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 160,000 Kms Tune Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm getting closer to my car hitting 160,000 kms and I plan on doing most of the tune up myself and I know some of the common things to replace at 160,000 but am I missing any from my list ?

Spark plug Repacement
Air Filter replacement
Brake check
Distributer Cap Replacement
Spark Plug wires Replacement
Oil Change
Tire Rotaition
Light bulb Check - whole car
Brake fluid top up
Power steering fluid top up
Fuse(s) Check - Whole Car
i just did a tune up on mine and it costed me almost $300 in parts even with a discount. i changed the coil pack plugs and wires. Oh and another thing, theres some sort of harness that plugs into the coil pack make sure the harness isnt corroded.
I'd add these:
PCV Valve Replacement
Check and Clean MAF
Coolant Flush (simple drain and replace)
Fuel Filter Replacement

Add in some common issues while your in the fixing mood:
- Check for leaky tstat
- Check for leaky valve gasket
- Check steering rack for leaks

Probably more could go on an on the things you need to check on a focus... hehe.

Was gonna say the same about PCV and fuel filter. I just hit 160k, and those are all that are left. Aside from a coolant flush.

Umm, distributor cap? You would have to find that first....
Hows your timeing belt? You might want to take a look at it just to make sure there arn't any severe wear marks. I know we have a non interference motor but if that belts goes.......... ouch.
Burnin21,Apr 6 2006, 03:02 PM Wrote:Hows your timeing belt? You might want to take a look at it just to make sure there arn't any severe wear marks. I know we have a non interference motor but if that belts goes.......... ouch.
[right][snapback]179445[/snapback][/right]

Just re-did mine with 109K on the meter. car feels great :)
Casper,Apr 5 2006, 05:29 PM Wrote:Was gonna say the same about PCV and fuel filter. I just hit 160k, and those are all that are left. Aside from a coolant flush.

Umm, distributor cap? You would have to find that first....
[right][snapback]179252[/snapback][/right]

I think he meant coil pack. Be sure to inspect the wiring harness going to that as well.

Given how old your car is, I'd also recommend just flushing the power steering fluid and the brake fluid as well.

You're also coming due for a timing belt. Ford maintenance recommends it being done at 200,000 km. Also, inspect the accessory drive belt. If it needs replacing, replace the belt tensioner to this as well.