FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suzuki New Sx4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suzuki Announces New SX4 Designed for U.S. Market

BREA, Calif., Nov. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- American Suzuki Motor Corporation(ASMC) today announced a specially designed U.S. version of the all-new Suzuki

SX4 vehicle is slated to hit dealer showrooms in the United States next year. Production of the European version of the sport X-over SX4 in Eastern Europe also was announced today.

The all-new SX4 features a versatile, rigid five-door design, an available all-wheel-drive system, and for the U.S. market, a sophisticated fuel-sipping 2.0-liter DOHC engine.

"Suzuki is known for its success with small vehicles in Asia and Europe," said Koichi Suzuki, president, ASMC Automotive Operations. "The all-new 2007 Suzuki SX4 is designed to provide consumers in the United States a fun-to-drive vehicle that is also practical and economical."

The new Suzuki SX4 offers an available, sophisticated all-wheel-drive system that sends power to the rear wheels as needed with no additional input necessary from the driver. Called the Three-Mode Switchable AWD system, it features a selector switch on the center console that allows the driver to select from three modes: 2WD, AUTO (AWD High) and LOCK (AWD Lock).

Customers in the United States will have a choice of a five-speed manual transmission or an available four-speed automatic transmission.

Production of the European version of the SX4 begins this month at the Magyar Suzuki Corporation assembly plant in Esztergom, Hungary. The world debut of the Suzuki SX4 is scheduled for the Geneva Motor Show in March 2006 and the North American introduction of the U.S. version of the Suzuki SX4 is slated for April 2006 in conjunction with the New York International Auto Show. The SX4 is slated to go on sale in the United States in the late summer of 2006.

2007 Suzuki SX4 Specifications (early)

Wheelbase: 2500mm/98.4-in.
Overall length: 4135mm/162.8-in.
Overall width: 1755mm/69.1-in.
Overall height: 1605mm/63.2-in.

[Image: i255jn.jpg]

[Image: i258rc.jpg]
I like the idea of a "locked" AWD, sounds like the old Subaru and nothing was better in snow than it not even the WRX. I can't imagine it NOT comiing to Canada as well as the US. Suzuki is probably banking on it with our preference for small cars and the obvious AWD selling point.
I agree with 2001ZTS on this one, plus from those Photos that model is already for our North American market as it's LHD and has the small plate mounting bracket built into the bumper itself.
hmmm...thats looks kinda hot IMHO