FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Toy(gps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my new gps. I won't get lost anymore!!! I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!! I have a problem! lol

[Image: iWAY500c_34View_R3D.jpg]

Display <<
Color TFT touch-screen display
320H x 240V pixel resolution
5" (12.7 cm) diagonal display size
Super-bright, cold-cathode backlit screen
Sleek, blue LED backlit keypad
Superb readability even in bright sunlight
Navigation <<
Built-in, precision 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS receiver
Simplified operation with 5 primary keys
Three selectable mapping displays: 2-D Track Up, 2-D North Up, and Elevated 3-D
Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ® turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada
Turn-by-turn audio and visual cues, including auto-zooming and automatic recalculation of directions after a missed turn
Street address searching, plus auto-routing choices to choose or avoid Toll Roads and Interstates, and avoid Left-Hand Turns
Mega-memory storage for up to 1,000 waypoints
Maps can be updated through the internal USB port with a PC
Safety Passenger Mode allows a passenger to use the GPS features while the car is in motion

Music Player <<
MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats supported
Key music functions include: Browse Files, Play Lists, Repeat On/Off, Shuffle, Equalizer, Pause, Stop, Scan, Skip Forward, Skip Reverse, and Volume

Specs <<
20GB internal hard drive, with 10GB of storage dedicated to built-in, high-detail mapping and 10GB of storage reserved for MP3 music (can store up to 5,000 songs depending on compression rates and song lengths)
6.1"W x 4.5"H x 2.15"D (15.5cm x 11.55 cm x 5.45 cm)
Completely sealed to prevent internal corrosion
Full one-year warranty

Accessories Included<<
Speaker/cigarette power adapter with volume control and 1/8" stereo jack
Hardwire adapter with 1/8" stereo jack for wiring into car's stereo system
Suction-cup mounting bracket for windshield applications
USB to PC interface cable
110VAC to 12VDC power converter for in-home use (transferring music files, etc.)
iWAY™ 500C protective cover
Touch-screen cleaning cloth
Nice! Are you planning on hard wiring the connection to the car's 12v, or just running off the plug?

Congrats on the new upgrade! I wish my M$ Streets and Trips GPS was a little easier to navigate with...

And if you do decide to add music to it's hdd, does it have an aux output so you can connect it to a fm transmitter or aux in on your deck at least?
euro_zx5,Apr 3 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:Nice! Are you planning on hard wiring the connection to the car's 12v, or just running off the plug?

Congrats on the new upgrade! I wish my M$ Streets and Trips GPS was a little easier to navigate with...

And if you do decide to add music to it's hdd, does it have an aux output so you can connect it to a fm transmitter or aux in on your deck at least?
[right][snapback]178852[/snapback][/right]

Ya, if a put mp3 I can connect it to my aux on my deck and play them.
Thats sweet. I'd love to put one in my car, I don't know if i'd get the use out of it to justify the expense.

That'd look pretty cool if you could mold it into the dash somehow.
Yeah when I was looking at GPS units one with a HD & MP3 playback was on my short list. I decided on mine (Garmin Quest) mainly because I'm a friggin' klutz and so anything with extra moving parts is a bad idea :lol:

NefCanuck
Dunno about this.. Nef had his on the cruise last fall, and still managed to get lost! hehe

focusonthis_88,Apr 3 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:This is my new gps.  I won't get lost anymore!!!  I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!!  I have a problem! lol
[right][snapback]178843[/snapback][/right]
torradan,Apr 4 2006, 07:19 AM Wrote:Dunno about this.. Nef had his on the cruise last fall, and still managed to get lost! hehe

focusonthis_88,Apr 3 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:This is my new gps.  I won't get lost anymore!!!  I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!!  I have a problem! lol
[right][snapback]178931[/snapback][/right]

Hey! That was cause we were following the written directions provided to us :rolleyes: If we had simply been given the addresses of the places at the start I could have had us there first (Allowing for route programming time of course :ph34r: )

Now mind you the route wouldn't been nearly as pretty as the one laid out for us so ;)

NefCanuck
focusonthis_88,Apr 3 2006, 05:22 PM Wrote:This is my new gps.  I won't get lost anymore!!!  I get lost in like 20 minutes from my house!!!  I have a problem! lol

[Image: iWAY500c_34View_R3D.jpg]

Display <<
Color TFT touch-screen display
320H x 240V pixel resolution
5" (12.7 cm) diagonal display size
Super-bright, cold-cathode backlit screen
Sleek, blue LED backlit keypad
Superb readability even in bright sunlight
Navigation <<
Built-in, precision 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS receiver
Simplified operation with 5 primary keys
Three selectable mapping displays: 2-D Track Up, 2-D North Up, and Elevated 3-D
Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ® turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada
Turn-by-turn audio and visual cues, including auto-zooming and automatic recalculation of directions after a missed turn
Street address searching, plus auto-routing choices to choose or avoid Toll Roads and Interstates, and avoid Left-Hand Turns
Mega-memory storage for up to 1,000 waypoints
Maps can be updated through the internal USB port with a PC
Safety Passenger Mode allows a passenger to use the GPS features while the car is in motion

Music Player <<
MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats supported
Key music functions include:  Browse Files, Play Lists, Repeat On/Off, Shuffle, Equalizer, Pause, Stop, Scan, Skip Forward, Skip Reverse, and Volume

Specs <<
20GB internal hard drive, with 10GB of storage dedicated to built-in, high-detail mapping and 10GB of storage reserved for MP3 music (can store up to 5,000 songs depending on compression rates and song lengths)
6.1"W x 4.5"H x 2.15"D (15.5cm x 11.55 cm x 5.45 cm)
Completely sealed to prevent internal corrosion
Full one-year warranty

Accessories Included<<
Speaker/cigarette power adapter with volume control and 1/8" stereo jack
Hardwire adapter with 1/8" stereo jack for wiring into car's stereo system 
Suction-cup mounting bracket for windshield applications
USB to PC interface cable
110VAC to 12VDC power converter for in-home use (transferring music files, etc.)
iWAY™ 500C protective cover
Touch-screen cleaning cloth
What is the cost on that little baby.
Phantom,Apr 4 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:What is the cost on that little baby.

Well, I work for a performance shop and we can get audio...the retail is 1150$ Didn't come close to that price!
Can I have some money? ya big baller :P :lol:
Flofocus,Apr 4 2006, 11:45 AM Wrote:Can I have some money? ya big baller  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]178958[/snapback][/right]

I would rather have a house then spend money on my car but I can't afford a house so...I put money in the car instead! :lol: :lol:
well, you would have money for a house... if you stopped spending it on the car!! :lol:

Nice pick up BTW.
where ya gonna mount it. Looks kinda bulky
focusonthis_88,Apr 4 2006, 09:33 AM Wrote:
Phantom,Apr 4 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:What is the cost on that little baby.

Well, I work for a performance shop and we can get audio...the retail is 1150$ Didn't come close to that price!
[right][snapback]178952[/snapback][/right]
At 1150 I can do my carputer with my features :D
euro_zx5,Apr 3 2006, 11:41 PM Wrote:Nice! Are you planning on hard wiring the connection to the car's 12v, or just running off the plug?

[right][snapback]178852[/snapback][/right]

what version of MS S&T do you have? 2006 is really nice and talks to you now! something I always missed in 2005 :(