FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Im Blowing Fuses Like Crazy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So ever since friday night my lights havent been workin. I narrowed it down to the light fuse under the dash. But everytime i change it and then turn the lights on it blows again. I have unplugged any extra draws (stereo) and it still happens. Could this be a faulty relay?

If anyone can help me out please let me know asap.
This really sucks not being able to drive at night!

thanks
Sounds more like a wire shorting out. Maybe one of the power wires touching the chassis or screw hitting thru one.
where?
from what?
check out your bulb socket, they're easy to melt.
which one?
i still have drl's
i have no runnin lights or dash lights
anyone help me please
i dont wanna go to the dealer so i can get raped with labour fees
Do you Have Hella Headlights on your car ?

if so it's the relay for the lights itself.
pics and more details would help us here
i might try the relay?
but what else could it be?
focuzedn2o,Apr 3 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:i might try the relay?
[right][snapback]178811[/snapback][/right]
Everybody here is kinda dancing around this, so I'm going to come forward and say it.

There is a procedure to follow for troubleshooting electrical issues. None of which can be done for you over the internet. Heck, sometimes they're hard enough to trace in person.

There are a few things you can do.

- Disconnect whatever stuff you put in.
- Think if there's anything that you put in recently.

Then see if the problem goes away.

Apart from that, you need someone with a multimeter and time to trace the system out. Whether it's a competent friend or someone you pay. Sorry, but that's the hard truth.
thats cool .
i figured that much, but thanks agin.
i didnt mean to be a pain, but its pissing me off so much
OAC_Sparky,Apr 3 2006, 02:58 PM Wrote:
focuzedn2o,Apr 3 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:i might try the relay?
[right][snapback]178811[/snapback][/right]
Everybody here is kinda dancing around this, so I'm going to come forward and say it.

There is a procedure to follow for troubleshooting electrical issues. None of which can be done for you over the internet. Heck, sometimes they're hard enough to trace in person.

There are a few things you can do.

- Disconnect whatever stuff you put in.
- Think if there's anything that you put in recently.

Then see if the problem goes away.

Apart from that, you need someone with a multimeter and time to trace the system out. Whether it's a competent friend or someone you pay. Sorry, but that's the hard truth.
[right][snapback]178813[/snapback][/right]
Nice Sparky I figured the round about way would work guess straight out and hard worked this time.
Ya, you definately need a multimeter, or someone that knows how to use a multimeter. Best advice is keep cutting the circuit in half. Best trouble shooting technique.
Actually first and best is to go over the wires least that you can see look for cuts nicks, you gotta find where it's shorting out. Then goto circuit testing.
Sounds like a short somewhere...Like the other say try to find a wire that's touching metal or something.

I would be surprised if it wasn't a short somewhere.
Check for shorts, my starter ground was ber at one spot and kept shorting out, if you've removed your headlights at all you could have damaged one of the wires and that could be causing the problem.
lights are fixed now
fried the liscense plate lights and sockets.
extra crispy!!!

$250.00 later of course