FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toronto Anti-idling Crack Down..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a reminder that the city is doing their little crack-down over the next few days, so be forewarned if you get caught idling longer than 3 minutes, you will be fined over $100 + the $25 admin fee...

note that the bylaw only applies if you're stopping to idle of your own choice..traffic doesn't count, but it applies equally to both boats and cars.

also, note that the law does not apply to when ambient temperatures below 5C or above 27C
I vision a fleet of street cops with stop watches.... I'd like to see someone get this ticket on tape but kudos for cracking down on something like this.
Let me guess they won't enforce this for taxi's buses, police cars or ambulances right.

Euro Ford Fan,Apr 3 2006, 07:38 AM Wrote:Let me guess they won't enforce this for taxi's buses, police cars or ambulances right.
[right][snapback]178721[/snapback][/right]

according to the bylaw, it doesn't apply to emergency vehicles on call, or business vehicles when operating... which is a pretty big loophole.

Busses aren't supposed to be stopped for more than 15 minutes, but I doubt they get timed.
darkpuppet,Apr 3 2006, 01:08 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 3 2006, 07:38 AM Wrote:Let me guess they won't enforce this for taxi's buses, police cars or ambulances right.
[right][snapback]178721[/snapback][/right]

according to the bylaw, it doesn't apply to emergency vehicles on call, or business vehicles when operating... which is a pretty big loophole.

Busses aren't supposed to be stopped for more than 15 minutes, but I doubt they get timed.
[right][snapback]178727[/snapback][/right]

how about fucing cops? couple of days ago while i was walking I saw this freaking cop car sitting idle for atleast 30 min. I know this bc i had to climb up hill and the freaking cop was right on top. i was gona knock on his window and ask him about it