FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Now This Is A Sleeper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't like the fact it has had a previous salvage title, but man..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Ford-Foc...1QQcmdZViewItem

edit. Who puts an automatic in that car. Now it's no good at all. I reserve the right to defame the car at any time I deem necessary.
wow! Just wow lol..i'd buy it even if it was salvaged, someone with perfect sense wouldn't just rip apart a perfectly good focus 2 drop a v8 into it..think of it that way lol
Its a great sleeper until you open the trunk. Woulda been cooler if he coulda worked the fuel cell into the stock location somehow. Otherwise Wow is right, if only i could afford to do that.
habmann,Mar 31 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:Its a great sleeper until you open the trunk. Woulda been cooler if he coulda worked the fuel cell into the stock location somehow. Otherwise Wow is right, if only i could afford to do that.
[right][snapback]178302[/snapback][/right]
Right.

Hey buddy wanna race, you yell to the Mustang beside you.
He smiles at you, chuckles at his buddy beside him.
Wait, he says, I want to look in your trunk first. :lol:
meford4u,Mar 31 2006, 03:40 PM Wrote:Who puts an automatic in that car. [right][snapback]178297[/snapback][/right]

Somebody whos going to bracket race it???
Looking under the hood reveals a nasty, mickey mouse nightmare wiring mess. It looks like a backyard conversion. It could have been so much more.

Oh yea. Automatic?? F***!!
Hey an autobox means even a guy like me could drive it :P Except for the fact that it has no P/S... WTF?

Afford the gas? Barely at $1/L again <_<

NefCanuck
sleeper or not you would still be able to hear that motor form a mile away
I'd have to agree the fit & finish is sub par for 14,5K he could of cleaned it up better then that. also I am dissapointed he didnt have better pictures. Also the person who buys that is probably going to need a saftey. how do you pass a safety with a fuel cell and a battery right next tou it and a nitrous bottle? (at least here anyways). could have did a lil more mentioning of what was in his 302. Sure its a sleeper alright but I would be weary buying a car that has a salvage title.

Also the parts for the swap arent cheap. the power steering conversion pieces are around $1000.00 CDN I didnt take that option with my kit or the a/c. it's strictly a balls to the wall car anyways. 2 grand for little ammenaties I can do without for the most part. plus its added weight and the accessory drive is tight enough as it is in the swap since your required to use a short water pump/ timing chain cover and crank pully. plus the electric fans require a good alternator (being a GM 140 amp :puke:) i'm chosing to use a Ford 3G 200 amp alternator I got from a wrecked windstar. I am also getting a fuel tank custom built to hook up to the regular filler neck to make the car legal.
ha didn't even think about the fuel cell and battery and nitrous all in the trunck lol yaa thats asking for your car o get puuled off the road if it ever does make it on it
who needs power steering? you've passed the corner already...
I could do donuts all day. :D
I would have put a 4.6L FI modular crate motor in it instead....don't like the idea of having a modern car with a carbed engine...kinda like going backwards rather than a leap forward...

Yes I know a 5.0 is cheaper and quicker, etc, but as you guys said, it looks kinda chop shopish...
p.s. I wouldn't really consider that a sleeper, unless loud snoring counts...
All the non working items... airbags for instance... and yeah the underhood looks a bit messy... i would have gone modular as well.. something that could actually pass an e-test.... It is the best way to buy a wrecked car and fix it and build it... unless your rich.... then I would do the ST
i've seen easily fixable 00-02 focus spi cars from $500-2500....hmmm a 2-door V8 conversion