FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Decision Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well my soon(?) to be ex does not want either car now.

She can’t drive the WRX (manual) and thinks the Focus is unsafe in winter.

I guess she has never seen the WRC stop in Finland, isn’t aware that the Focus is the BEST front driver around and forgot the fact that it would have come with the best snow tires money can buy (Hakka’s) and is actually better in snow than the Subaru with respect to stopping. Typical of what I have had to go through the past 8 months.

I’m actually guessing she may get a normally aspirated Subaru wagon with an automatic. At least she learned to do one thing right over the years.

I am obviously keeping the WRX under all circumstances and as far as money goes the value of the Focus is pretty small (compared to things like house, RRSP's, pensions and everything else on the table) so I may just keep the Focus as well.

Pros:

-I’d never recover anywhere near what I have put into it
-I enjoy it and hanging with you guys
-It is in fabulous shape
-better than the WRX for being stuck in traffic, which for me is often
-uses mid grade fuel as opposed to high test and gets better mileage
-keeps miles off the Subaru
-extends the life of the Subaru

Cons:

-won’t help get me laid
-about $1000 to insure
-some maintenance costs

I think my plan will be to make the Focus a fair weather car, ditch the stock wheels, ditch the winter wheels, get the OZ wheels chromed and buy some good no season “touring tires” with a good wear rating and just forget about tire changes three times a year not to mention all the space having 3 complete sets of wheels for EACH car takes up.

I’d probably save as much money in gas not filling the WRX so often as I would to insure the Focus. Adding in the fact that the WRX insurance would go up a few hundred because I would be doubling the miles operated in a year as well if teh Focus was gone.

Darkpuppet’s going to be pissed*, but I think I have made my choice.

*he wanted my OZ wheels something fierce.

I'd keep it, even if just as a winter car compared to the Rex.

"Other" car drivers come on here and say their piece, but they can't dispute that the Focus is one of the best values out there right now... especially the first-gens.
If you can affor to keep it, and it certainly sounds like you can, and it makes financial sense to keep the miles off the WRX and use the WRX as a toy and get laid car(I don't see how, it's a box :D ) I would keep it.
What would you get for it? Around $6k??I am just asking as I don't really know myself.
Anyway, if you have "come to terms" financially with your ex and know what kind of coin you have to slide her way, and you feel it's feasible to keep the focus, then there is you answer.
Keep her.

Sell your wheels to DP, you got his hopes up jerk. :rolleyes: :P :lol:
Wow, I guess that was one of the reasons for the divorce. But anyways,

Keep the focus.

In regards to insurance your insurance shouldn't go up that much. You will only drive one car at a time and bc of that it shouldn’t cost that much. The diff in insurance should be only fire and theft EXTRA for the focus. I think that would be something around 3-400-range max a year.

Here is one case that I know, friend from work 31 yrs old.

1995 Civic and 2003 325 Bimmer
Civic is 120 a month, Bimmer is 80 a month (courtesy use only!!!!)

Civic alone would of cost 180 a month without Bimmer
Bimmer alone would of cost 200 a month without civic

goodluck and let me know
2001 ZTS,Mar 31 2006, 11:56 AM Wrote:Darkpuppet’s going to be pissed*, but I think I have made my choice.

[right][snapback]178254[/snapback][/right]

meh... I wouldn't have gotten all worked up until the wheels were on my car.

Beyond that, it was your perrogative, and while, "don't care" is a bit drastic, getting the wheels would have been nice, but definitely not on my list of daily worries.

I priced out a set equipped as your current ones with the same rubber for about $2200 .. guess that means they haven't come down in price any since I last checked around.. which sucks for me, but another year of sparkle won't kill me.

anyways, keep the focus, come out camping, and forget about your worries.

make her buy out your equity in the house and get a phat loft

trade the wrx and the focus for a porsche

booya
Can't "talk", PM
Its worth keeping the focus, its still a nice car. You want a chick that will shag you even driving a focus....that mens she just wants whats in your pants....not whats in your wallet.
keep the focus. If one of them gets in an accident, just use the backup. :lol:
Keep the focus. I would imagine they're easier (less $$$) to fix/repair that the scooby-doo.
2001 ZTS,Mar 31 2006, 11:56 AM Wrote:Darkpuppet’s going to be pissed*, but I think I have made my choice.

[right][snapback]178254[/snapback][/right]

Chrome....pffftt..

sell me the rims you filthy animal!