FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hell Yes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like it's got what people wanted:

NEW YORK – General Motors will unveil a dramatically revitalized Saturn lineup with production versions of the all-new 2007 Saturn Aura midsize sedan, Saturn Sky Red Line performance roadster and Saturn Outlook crossover vehicle at the 2006 New York International Auto Show.

“Saturn’s new products demonstrate GM’s commitment to raising the bar on product execution as part of our North American turnaround plan,” said Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president, Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. “Saturn’s dramatic new cars and crossovers, combined with an industry-leading positive retail experience, are a winning combination.”

The Saturn vehicles making their world debut in New York include:

The Saturn Aura, which goes on sale this summer, brings the new design of Saturn into a fun-to-drive sport sedan, with bold exterior styling and high levels of interior refinement.

The Saturn Sky Red Line, arriving at Saturn retailers this fall, adds extra power and performance to Saturn’s new signature roadster with a 260-horsepower 2.0L direct-injection turbo.

The Saturn Outlook is an eight-passenger crossover vehicle that strikes an ideal balance of style, size and capability. Outlook, which goes into production later this year, is built on GM’s new crossover vehicle platform.
A Saturn concept vehicle that will provide an indication of how the brand’s new design cues will continue on future vehicles.

In addition to the bold new Saturn production vehicles and concept, Saab will showcase its aviation heritage and Scandinavian design philosophy in the Saab Aero X concept, which makes its North American debut in New York. Saabs were first introduced in New York to the U.S. market 50 years ago. AutoWeek magazine named the Aero X concept “Best in Show” in February at the 2006 Geneva Auto Show.

“The Saturns and the Saab Aero X concept demonstrate how GM continues to leverage global resources to develop emotionally compelling vehicle designs, which is key to sustaining our product momentum,” said Ed Welburn, GM vice president, Global Design.

Conceived as a study to explore future design directions, the all-wheel-drive Saab Aero X concept features an innovative front-hinged canopy with no A-pillars, lightweight carbon fiber bodywork and a jet-inspired cockpit without conventional dials and buttons. The 400-horsepower twin turbo BioPower V-6 is fueled by 100-percent ethanol, a renewable and sustainable energy source that reduces vehicle emissions.

GM’s Pontiac brand also has plans for New York with the Pontiac G6 GXP show car. The G6 GXP builds on the clean, contemporary styling of the G6 coupe with a 270-horsepower 3.9L V-6 and a more aggressive, ground-hugging appearance and stance. The GXP show car will test both media and public reaction before a decision on production is made.

GM’s New York International Auto Show exhibit also will feature many of the products recently introduced at auto shows in Los Angeles, Detroit and Chicago.

Excellent.
Any idea on pricing for that bad boy?
Sounds like this will give the Mazdaspeed a run for its money on HP.
and the z4 & base boxster.
Now that's a car I wouldn't mind test driving :D
They'll probably want 80k for it.
yeah that sounds like fun. i saw a sky yesterday and i got to tell you it looks so much better in person then on paper. I dont know why but i used to like the solstice better before but not after i saw the sky on the streets yesterday. Bright red with top down, dammmm
It will be <$40,000.

2001 ZTS,Mar 31 2006, 10:34 AM Wrote:It will be <$40,000.
[right][snapback]178206[/snapback][/right]

Keep sliding.
I'd expect 30Gs or so, maybe a tad more.

On that note, I ought to go look up what the current Sky / Solstice cost.

At that point, they're in Mustang territory... so they're going to need a compelling argument to not go out and get a Mustang vert.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 31 2006, 09:59 AM Wrote:I'd expect 30Gs or so, maybe a tad more.

On that note, I ought to go look up what the current Sky / Solstice cost.

At that point, they're in Mustang territory... so they're going to need a compelling argument to not go out and get a Mustang vert.
[right][snapback]178218[/snapback][/right]

the base sky costs over $30,000, so I'd expect the turbo'd version to be at least 6G over that.

but even the base model sky is no slouch... 177HP, 0.9g lateral grip STOCK! It's a seriously kick ass car, and definitely something I want.
Sky red line, thats gonna be an aweseme car!! turbo also, not supercharged like the ION.
Now when are they going to offer the Corvette motor option for that car. I saw one in the Autorama this year. Now I would buy one for sure!!!
talk about missing the point...

the base car would kick our collective asses to next week

honestly, if you guys can afford $31,000 during the lifetime of the base model sky, it's the car you should be buying.... period. unless you have 4 kids.
darkpuppet,Mar 31 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:talk about missing the point...

honestly, if you guys can afford $31,000 during the lifetime of the base model sky, it's the car you should be buying.... period. unless you have 4 kids.
[right][snapback]178296[/snapback][/right]
I don't have four kids, and I can afford it.

So what are you saying.
meford4u,Mar 31 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 31 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:talk about missing the point...

[right][snapback]178296[/snapback][/right]
I don't have four kids, and I can afford it.

So what are you saying.
[right][snapback]178301[/snapback][/right]
I think he's saying buy it.
is it going to be like the pontiac solice at all thats what i heard?
ZX3_2NV,Mar 31 2006, 10:13 PM Wrote:is it going to be like the pontiac solice at all thats what i heard?
[right][snapback]178345[/snapback][/right]

Well it will be faster than what you're driving and my money is on better spelling/grammar as well?

wow. cool!
ZX3_2NV,Mar 31 2006, 10:13 PM Wrote:is it going to be like the pontiac solice at all thats what i heard?
[right][snapback]178345[/snapback][/right]

the solstice and sky both share the same voxel platform..... which is to say, untouched, it's kick-ass!

add another 90HP to the mix (redline for saturn, GXP for the pontiac), it's going to kick righteous ass.
Pages: 1 2