FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Something New
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I put it all together, and I got it all hooked up but the clock, and I thought I'd ask, to paint or not to paint the bezel? and Can anyone spot the difference between the american version and euro versions ?

[Image: 000_0274.jpg]
[Image: 000_0281.jpg]
[Image: 000_0284.jpg]

oh yeah and this is new too, I finally badged my car as a 2.0 Sport. can't wait till the euro focus badge arrives in a week.

[Image: 000_0285.jpg]
[Image: 000_0286.jpg]
I'd say paint it.

As for differences, the LED's behind the buttons are blue instead of green, and the lights around the vent selector are different. I'm pretty sure the N/A are only green, where as your's are grean and some orange.
habmann,Mar 30 2006, 07:20 PM Wrote:As for differences, the LED's behind the buttons are blue instead of green, and the lights around the vent selector are different. I'm pretty sure the N/A are only green, where as your's are grean and some orange.
[right][snapback]178115[/snapback][/right]

that and there's a clock :P

I wouldn't paint it.. keep it nice and minimal, you already got euro bling, you don't need to rice it out.
The radio is different?

Clock
orange defrost symbols
orange no. 3 on the fan speed
2 types of defrost?
blue lights instead of green
actually the dials are the same as out american ones just this one has the orange plastic in the three areas and use the same bulbs.....

I'm suprised no one noticed the extra button there in the cluster at the bottom of the bezel..... the LED's are really cool when you turn on any of the functions they light up in red when the lights are off or purple with the blue led's on... cept for the A/c as it lights up in white... it's very very bright.....
dBlast,Mar 30 2006, 08:34 PM Wrote:The radio is different?

Clock
orange defrost symbols
2 types of defrost?
[right][snapback]178122[/snapback][/right]

Radio is the same, and yeah your right on the rest.

the other button is for the front windshield defrost, why Ford would not make this an option for Canada is beyond me....... it's called the " Quick Clear Windscreen " in the UK, it more or less is the same type of windshiled out of a Jaguar that has little clear warming things running thru the windshield to heat it up fast, similar to having the defrost bars in our rear windows.

I have been told having this option will clear your windshield in about 1 minute with moisture on there and about 2" of snow in under 2, and auto shuts off after 5 minutes.
that is sharp. Keep it that way. No paint.

From the expert in paint :icon_mrgreen:
dBlast,Mar 30 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:The radio is different?

Clock
orange defrost symbols
2 types of defrost?

And the "alarm" LED is above the clock instead of above the hazzard button :D
SL8RZZX3,Mar 30 2006, 08:55 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Mar 30 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:The radio is different?

Clock
orange defrost symbols
2 types of defrost?

And the "alarm" LED is above the clock instead of above the hazzard button :D
[right][snapback]178133[/snapback][/right]

Correct. the only thing on there form the american focus model is the ash tray, cig lighter / power outlet ( i don't smoke it's with that cover is there ) and the stereo. Even the Hazard button is from the Uk, I had to get it as our american one has that little wond attached to it for the flashing alarm light.
Very nice!! I like I like

so now you have two clocks? one on the stereo and one just above? or does it read outside temp. and such?

I like the orange around the dials...fresh on the eyes. Instead of blue... orange for the lights below would look good too.
Very nice. Clean.

I like the blue LED's on the AC and Defrost buttons.
Anyone know how hard it would be to change the color on the N/A buttons to make them blue instead of green?
habmann,Mar 31 2006, 02:35 AM Wrote:Anyone know how hard it would be to change the color on the N/A buttons to make them blue instead of green?
[right][snapback]178147[/snapback][/right]

there is a how to for this on FJ somewhere. You remove the LEDs replace those with blue or any colour you want and then put back together. It's not easy from what I remember

found some: Blue LED conversion

FJ thread
nass,Mar 30 2006, 11:22 PM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 31 2006, 02:35 AM Wrote:Anyone know how hard it would be to change the color on the N/A buttons to make them blue instead of green?
[right][snapback]178147[/snapback][/right]

there is a how to for this on FJ somewhere. You remove the LEDs replace those with blue or any colour you want and then put back together. It's not easy from what I remember

found some: Blue LED conversion

FJ thread
[right][snapback]178160[/snapback][/right]

Thanx, something i might try this summer if i change the interior lighting scheme of my car.
yup I am wanting to try the same, but I will do it all at the same time I swap my gauge face in which I still need to pick up :)

gotta love these "free" mods
looks really good frost.

It would be nice if existed a euro-made for north america focus instead of having to build one. Yours would fall into this category very easily. I like the HVAC cluster area. I see you dont have the clock hooked up yet. If u need help figuring out how to wire it, sometime next week Iwould be able to take a look at it for u..
I love subtle mods.
What kind of LED's do you buy.. I see some have a resistor that needs to be soldered in... can you do this without? and if not what type resistor do you need
id say dont paint it, if you really want to, try going with a flat black.
Pages: 1 2