FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Going For Etest Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if you richen it up, retard timing a bit, and enable the EGR you should be fine.

The trick is to lower cylinder temps so that NOx can't form.

just dug up my emissions test... I don't recall disabling EGR... buuuuuut I cannot explain the results either...
[Image: emissions_test_2005.gif]
Yeah, you should be able to get that to pass. I was also going to suggest richening it up a tad. What's the deal with your cat? Stock cat, relocated?

It probably wasn't hot enough also. Does your engine run closed loop at cruise/idle still? It oscillates back forth between rich/lean quickly? You need that to get a clean test too. It makes the cat more efficient.
wow thats a sweet result!

I have the cat relocated, randy is going to try a few things with the tune to help out but doesn't claim any guarantee that it will pass.

I have passed etest twice.

The first time in stock form. The second time in its current form.

For a race header I am glad now that I went with SVT header kit from Ford Racing. It came with a revised EGR tube to connect to the SVT location on the header plus O2 extensions to connect to RT highflow cat also in the stock SVT location between the header and the flex pipe.

The SC tune (which produced a nice even A/F ratio across the RPM range) on my SCT chip did not seem to adversely affect the etest either.
ive only had one e-test so far and mine was very similar to that of puppet's readings. so its pretty good readings for his car i can say.
Well yeah, a supercharger should have almost zero effect on emissions. In and of itself.

The only effect should be during the idle test, it might have some extra HC because the big injectors are a little sloppier.
Pages: 1 2